England : London Super Special Sunday London Ride - 10 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
We're launching our 2019 season with something a little different, and quite a lot special. @Redlight of this parish is organising a treasure hunt around our Great City. This will be on 10 March, starting at 9.30am from our usual start point in front of the Royal Artillery Memorial at Hyde Park Corner.

Full details will be posted soon, but in the meantime, expressions of interest to help gauge numbers please - and start swotting up on your A-Z.

GM

Legendary Member
:hello:

lilolee

Veteran
Definitely interested but running my first Audax event the day before so may fancy a lie in...

Mmm and I was thinking of signing up to my first Audax, which is your one (only the 100km), so I may not be on this ride.

Redlight

Thanks for the expressions of interest. It would be a shame if there were no Brommies - the last time I did one of these it was won by three guys on unicycles, so there's a challenge for you!

I'm still in the planning phase but the broad plan is as follows:

Meet at HPC and, if you haven't already arranged it, hook up into teams of 2-4 (any more is unwieldy and a bit unfair). You'll each be given clue sheets and sent off at intervals of a couple of minutes. To avoid congestion at the clue locations, there will be variations on the order of the questions, so teams may not all head off in the same direction! Everybody will visit the same locations, eventually, though.

You'll need an A-Z or suitable mapping app, unless you have a cabbie's knowledge of central London, as for most of the clues, all you will be given by way of direction will be the name of street on which to look (NONE will be on busy streets, though, for safety reasons).

Whichever route you take, after a couple of hours you'll all come back to the same finish location, which will almost certainly be a pub, where I will wait to add up the scores. Fastest back will be declared the winner, but there will be time penalties for missed or incorrect answers. No prizes, but a definite warm fuzzy glow of satisfaction on offer.

Top Bottom