England : London Super Special Sunday London Ride - 10 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redlight

Oh good, all north of the river then.

That was the plan but, unexpectedly, I came across something fantastic on the southern side of the river earlier today and I'll have to include it, so you will be crossing a couple of bridges :-)

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and Rob's role will be simply to suggest a route for us. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

ozboz

Guru
Given no work problems ........I’ll turn up for this , give me chance to burn a bit of rubber off the new tyres , I’m crap at finding my around though

Last edited:

Redlight

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and Rob's role will be simply to suggest a route for us. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

And, to add to the fun, I won't actually be suggesting a specific route, merely a number of places that you might like to visit! (Rest assured,though. It is possible to get around almost entirely on back streets, "quietways" and "superhighways".)

jennyh

Thanks for the expressions of interest. It would be a shame if there were no Brommies - the last time I did one of these it was won by three guys on unicycles, so there's a challenge for you!

I'm still in the planning phase but the broad plan is as follows:

Meet at HPC and, if you haven't already arranged it, hook up into teams of 2-4 (any more is unwieldy and a bit unfair). You'll each be given clue sheets and sent off at intervals of a couple of minutes. To avoid congestion at the clue locations, there will be variations on the order of the questions, so teams may not all head off in the same direction! Everybody will visit the same locations, eventually, though.

You'll need an A-Z or suitable mapping app, unless you have a cabbie's knowledge of central London, as for most of the clues, all you will be given by way of direction will be the name of street on which to look (NONE will be on busy streets, though, for safety reasons).

Whichever route you take, after a couple of hours you'll all come back to the same finish location, which will almost certainly be a pub, where I will wait to add up the scores. Fastest back will be declared the winner, but there will be time penalties for missed or incorrect answers. No prizes, but a definite warm fuzzy glow of satisfaction on offer.

I’ll be coming along on my Brompton. And hopefully bringing extra Brompton friends too :smile:

Redlight

Just giving this a final BUMP :-)

Looks like about a dozen so far, which should be enough to create some (healthy) competition.

Not sure what the weather is going to be like on Sunday but, with luck , it won't be as windy as today. I'm out riding the route tomorrow to make sure none of the answers have been blown away....

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just giving this a final BUMP :-)

Looks like about a dozen so far, which should be enough to create some (healthy) competition.

Not sure what the weather is going to be like on Sunday but, with luck , it won't be as windy as today. I'm out riding the route tomorrow to make sure none of the answers have been blown away....
Really looking forward to this. See you at HPC.

Top Bottom