Superstar Elite 30 ultra wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I thought the spacer was for 8/9 speed?
Really pleased with my wheels, roll really well and nice and light, remaining pretty true apart from when I crunched my rear mech into the spokes, lbs trued it back quite easily no broken spokes just a couple slightly bent.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I thought the spacer was for 8/9 speed?
Really pleased with my wheels, roll really well and nice and light, remaining pretty true apart from when I crunched my rear mech into the spokes, lbs trued it back quite easily no broken spokes just a couple slightly bent.
,according to the interweb you need the 1mm+1.85mm spacer to run 10 speed on an 11 speed hub,my rs11, s need the 1 mm spacer for 10 speed ,9 speed cassette's are wider than 10 speed.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Installed the wheels this morning, looks like @Justinslow was right, only needed the 1mm spacer and it seems I don't even have to re index.The interweb said I needed the1.85 mm but seemed to big.
I've got this problem with another set of wheels I've just bought. They are coming secondhand without cassette or spacer, I believe they are 10 speed, which should mean a 10 sp cassette will fit straight on with no spacer. It seems you can tell quite easily as the lock ring won't tighten the cassette fully if you need a spacer and you haven't put one in.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I needed the 1mm spacer on the rs11s,I could get the lockring on but there was play in the cassette so it couldn't index properly, basically the gear closest to the lockring ring needs to sit over the top edge of the cassette.

uclown2002

Guru
I've got this problem with another set of wheels I've just bought. They are coming secondhand without cassette or spacer, I believe they are 10 speed, which should mean a 10 sp cassette will fit straight on with no spacer. It seems you can tell quite easily as the lock ring won't tighten the cassette fully if you need a spacer and you haven't put one in.
Shimano 10 speed cassettes come with a 1mm spacer to use with 10 speed hubs.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Shimano 10 speed cassettes come with a 1mm spacer to use with 10 speed hubs.
Yeah tried without the spacer and the cassette wouldn't tighten up with the lock ring, with the spacer -tightens up a treat, haven't tried the wheels yet but hope that sorts it.......

uclown2002

Guru
It depends on make of cassette. Only shimano 10 speed need the 1mm spacer.

Hamcob

I did a search for Superstar Components Elite 30 Ultra wheelset and found your post. As you can see i ordered a red set for my Cube and i'm pleased with them.
I did a 64 mile ride today with 2600 feet of climbing, found they seam to be very smooth and and responsive. The original wheelset on the bike was Mavic Aksiums that had done over 3500 miles and still in good shape, i hope these hold up as well as the Mavics.
I ordered the wheels on Thursday first thing and they arrived Friday 11.20am delivered by UPS, good result.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20160227_171038.jpg
    20160227_171038.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 20160227_171154.jpg
    20160227_171154.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20160227_171114.jpg
    20160227_171114.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 20160227_171123.jpg
    20160227_171123.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 181
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I did a search for Superstar Components Elite 30 Ultra wheelset and found your post. As you can see i ordered a red set for my Cube and i'm pleased with them.
I did a 64 mile ride today with 2600 feet of climbing, found they seam to be very smooth and and responsive. The original wheelset on the bike was Mavic Aksiums that had done over 3500 miles and still in good shape, i hope these hold up as well as the Mavics.
I ordered the wheels on Thursday first thing and they arrived Friday 11.20am delivered by UPS, good result.
Cheers
Mine have been good, glad you found the review useful! I'm no heavyweight at 73.5 kg so hope my lack of bulk will keep them running sweet for longer. I've put the R501's back on for winter trying to save my superstars for summer.

Hamcob

I'm thinking the same with the salt on the roads at the moment.
I wasn't too sure at first on the red wheels, but seeing Justinslow's wheels i was sold!

Top Bottom