Superstition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm not superstitious but I never mention p*nct*r*s

I am like you. I never mention punctures.
Ohh sh*t !!!

Ripple

Veteran
When I started my current job I was constantly reminded not to say word "quiet". Half jokingly, half seriously. Use any other word but "quiet". Apparently if you say it then all hell breaks loose. :scratch:
In my experience if the hell breaks loose it happens 30 minutes before shift ends. :angry:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That's okay, I describe myself as a heathen, but I wish you well. :becool:

Just to be clear, I wasn't having a dig at you, or anyone else at all with my comment. It was just a light hearted observation.
Yes I was just taken by your turning round of the phrases - I liked that, hence the "Touché".
Can't be certain but I don't think that is actually a law.......so if you wish to do it that way round feel free ^_^
I might do that now too, just to see the confusion on people's faces! 😆
Us Scorpios aren't superstitious.....
Being a Taurus, it is all Bull to me! 😆

winjim

Smash the cistern
I feel a bit uneasy about solar eclipses, and the sun and moon generally. Fine tuning of the conditions for life is dealt with by the anthropic principle, but having our two main heavenly bodies be exactly the same apparent size in the sky just seems like too much of a coincidence.

Rainbows are a bit too pretty for my liking and all, but there's a load of stuff either side we can't see so I've learned to deal with that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A chef I know is very particular about knives which must be laid down with point and edge away from you and a knife can never be handed directly to someone else.
If giving the knife to another person it must be laid down by you and then picked up by them. Never from hand to hand.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I feel a bit uneasy about solar eclipses, and the sun and moon generally. Fine tuning of the conditions for life is dealt with by the anthropic principle, but having our two main heavenly bodies be exactly the same apparent size in the sky just seems like too much of a coincidence.

Rainbows are a bit too pretty for my liking and all, but there's a load of stuff either side we can't see so I've learned to deal with that.

Attachments

• B9728BC2-3B35-43EC-BF86-D3E8B34A2D9C.jpeg
    B9728BC2-3B35-43EC-BF86-D3E8B34A2D9C.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 4

Tenkaykev

Guru

https://www.astronomy.com/science/w...ds-against-such-a-perfect-match-are-enormous/

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A chef I know is very particular about knives which must be laid down with point and edge away from you and a knife can never be handed directly to someone else.
If giving the knife to another person it must be laid down by you and then picked up by them. Never from hand to hand.
This is not superstition, it's catering good practice: for safety.

Top Bottom