Supplements or Steroids?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Testosterone is no good orally as it's broken down by the stomach before it can be properly absorbed.
I don't think he was suggesting test, but I may have misunderstood. I thought he was suggesting a steroid tablet, which I assume doesn't automatically mean testosterone.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeah, that's one thing I noticed, the guy in question sounded like a very knowledgeable chemist. How do you keep on top of the balance, is it just how you feel or bloods?

He will be guessing which is dangerous. No doctor will prescribe any of the crap he is taking. I had enough of a battle getting replacement and even did a whole year without any replacement to try and disprove the doc about painkillers. Not much fun taking next to no painkillers after breaking your spine and ribs. Bloods done again last December and my values were exactly the same as 2 years earlier before treatment, so I proved pain killers didn't cause it (I was on pain killers occasionally for a botched surgery).

It's not easy to get replacement hormones via the correct medical channels.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've never used them, but been around enough people who have. I'd question how effective they really are. In any case, they're sooooo last year - its all growth hormones and insulin now.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
He will be guessing which is dangerous. No doctor will prescribe any of the crap he is taking. I had enough of a battle getting replacement and even did a whole year without any replacement to try and disprove the doc about painkillers. Not much fun taking next to no painkillers after breaking your spine and ribs. Bloods done again last December and my values were exactly the same as 2 years earlier before treatment, so I proved pain killers didn't cause it (I was on pain killers occasionally for a botched surgery).

It's not easy to get replacement hormones via the correct medical channels.
Wow, I had no idea. I had seen one or two of your posts that mentioned spinal surgery, but a year without painkillers when your in pain must have been torture. I suppose not everyone has that kind of resolve. I'm glad your getting back to near normal now though.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I've never used them, but been around enough people who have. I'd question how effective they really are. In any case, they're sooooo last year - its all growth hormones and insulin now.
Yeah, if your injecting. What's all that about, growth hormone, who came up with that?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow, I had no idea. I had seen one or two of your posts that mentioned spinal surgery, but a year without painkillers when your in pain must have been torture. I suppose not everyone has that kind of resolve. I'm glad your getting back to near normal now though.
I still don't take them as my endo still puts my issues as pain killer related. It's dodgy surgery. My spinal surgeon said he could operate on my back now but you might not be able to move your legs tomorrow as you already know surgery doesn't always work. I opted to lie on my back not moving for 6 and a half weeks then a spinal brace for 4 months.

Drago

Legendary Member
You think that's bad - look at the Synthol idiots.

I've done creatine monohydrate cycling, beta alanine, various BCAAs, vitamins, and that's it. Eventually I stopped them all because it was getting expensive, and I never got any smaller.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I still don't take them as my endo still puts my issues as pain killer related. It's dodgy surgery. My spinal surgeon said he could operate on my back now but you might not be able to move your legs tomorrow as you already know surgery doesn't always work. I opted to lie on my back not moving for 6 and a half weeks then a spinal brace for 4 months.
Tough.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
OP is talking about anabolic steroids, nasty stuff!
Yeah, that's kind of what I assumed, although apparently the anabolic affect varies wildly and not the be all and all. I did a bit of googling and there is a slight effect on endurance with little or no muscle gain. It appears they all do different things, or supposed to.

Top Bottom