Support your local shops - yeah.....right!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I use a local hardware shop and buy bulk items which are very good quality and very cheap. My personal view is that too many local shops sell the same thing and also they could find locally made pruducts that are unique, interesting and contribute to the local economy. In my little town there are about 8 shops selling honey, lots of places doing cards, 5 places doing newspapers and lots of the same souvenirs, tourist tat and giftware is sitting on shelves that is bought in and represents thousands of pounds sitting in other peoples bank accounts until it is sold. The best places are often on the industrial states where you find all sorts of things being made and you don't have to pay the huge markup in a shop. It is a real struggle for shops to survive with the the high rents, parking charges and online competition.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I use toolstation for as much as i can, i know they'll always be cheaper than b&q. But mainly because the staff are knowledgeable and helpful. That is worth a lot to me. If somewhere is cheaper but the staff couldn't give a toss then I'd rather not go.

Top Bottom