Supra RC58 Carbon Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angus444

I'm looking for my first pair of carbon wheels. Spotted these on the web, and they come in at what I was prepared to spend.

I believe they are manufactured in Netherlands, by Sensa.

Does anyone have any previous experience of these, and/or any Sensa bikes/equipment?

Thanks.

ian edwards

i've gone for a set of these myself mate, my first set too, waiting for them to be delivered....one thing is for sure they look good....i'll let you know what i think of them

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ones with alloy braking surfaces do yes. Such wheels are disproportionally expensive given the specifications IMO.

Full carbon clinchers are not particularly heavy, but still tend to be a bit heavier than tubular rims.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
As previously stated they are heavy wheels even for deep clinchers, they weigh 300g more than my wheels of the same depth and rotational mass matters.
Considering they provide no technical data regarding the wheel performance you have to equally question this and ask if they provide a real world areo advantage or if they have simply cosmetic value.

FreeFlow Bikes

I too had my heart set of 50mm Carbon Clinchers and was looking at the Mavic Cosmic Carbone 50mm ones and nearly purchased them before I was talked out of it by several people. I don't race, just train and do sportives. The Alloy/carbon clinchers were coming in at the same weight as my Fulcrum Racing 5 alloy wheels.

In the end I opted for the new Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000 C24 CL Clinchers which come weigh in at just over 1300g. Great wheels, very light and responsive. Glad I was talked out of spending my money on deep section carbon wheels.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

i've gone for a set of these myself mate, my first set too, waiting for them to be delivered....one thing is for sure they look good....i'll let you know what i think of them
Cheers Ian......

Appreciate the other comments too, folks.....

WychwoodTrev

I have Token 50mm carbon clinchers with ally braking surface paid £400 from performance cycles based at Cirencester give them a bell and see what they can do for you. I am a member of their cycle club so I do get 15% discount from them.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

I have Token 50mm carbon clinchers with ally braking surface paid £400 from performance cycles based at Cirencester give them a bell and see what they can do for you. I am a member of their cycle club so I do get 15% discount from them.
Cheers Trev...will have a look...

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I have used the original Mavic Carbones which were much the same weight and were ok - the aero bit compensated for the weight and a bit more on the flat especially if you were giving it some but they were not the best going uphill.

You also have the annoyances of crosswinds and sudden gusts which you could probably stand if racing but not if out for a nice pootle around the countryside.

ian edwards

well......did a sportive last sunday with the RC58's on...close to 100miles and i must say the wheels felt really really good...they are pretty much the same weight as my previous wheels, so no weight saving there however they felt much quicker on the flat and in all honesty they felt much better on the hills too...they just felt more 'solid' and stiff if that makes sense....sure i did feel some effect from crosswind when there was an open section but nothing major, i would be wary of using them if it was really really windy but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it....so far i would certainly recommend...especially if you're used to similar weight wheels....plus they looks the t1ts !
PX_zps4448b214.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
well......did a sportive last sunday with the RC58's on...close to 100miles and i must say the wheels felt really really good...they are pretty much the same weight as my previous wheels, so no weight saving there however they felt much quicker on the flat and in all honesty they felt much better on the hills too...they just felt more 'solid' and stiff if that makes sense....sure i did feel some effect from crosswind when there was an open section but nothing major, i would be wary of using them if it was really really windy but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it....so far i would certainly recommend...especially if you're used to similar weight wheels....plus they looks the t1ts !
PX_zps4448b214.jpg

They would look so much better if you got rid of all the wheel logos... go stealth.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My eyes aren't as good as they were. Who makes them?:whistle:

Top Bottom