Surely its time Youtube started to bear some responsibility?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Youtube video uploaded of kittens being killed in a vaccuum bag. People flag the video and youtube just delete it. Now, quite rightly, people want to know who this berk is and want him arrested for animal cruelty. Trouble is, Youtube could have saved everyone a whole lot of bother and just recorded the guy's IP and given that to the UK Police.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...film-as-he-kills-2-kittens-in-vacuum-bag.html

It seems to me pretty common that people abuse Youtube with racist, homophobic and other crap, then theres the votebots..

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3mSqVR04E
Some have tried to protest in the past, there has to be some kind of comeback and if it takes cute little kittens to do it thats even sadder than we could have expected.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oww! that sounds nasty! I don't much like cats, but I'd never wish any harm unto them.

Lets hope something comes of this, but there is a reason why I stopped reading the 'viewer's replies' bit years ago - people are just retarded beyond words, so I don't hold out much hope with this unfortunately.

Oh and Berk just isn't the word!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Oww! that sounds nasty! I don't much like cats, but I'd never wish any harm unto them.

Lets hope something comes of this, but there is a reason why I stopped reading the 'viewer's replies' bit years ago - people are just retarded beyond words, so I don't hold out much hope with this unfortunately.

Oh and Berk just isn't the word!

I dont like cats either. Doesnt mean I'd intend them hard - mainly because I'm normal. This person clearly isnt, and I have read about this kind of behaviour being a symptom of something much more serious.

The thing is, it's not that simple, yes, YouTube record the IP from the upload, but who's to say that it's a correct IP or they weren't using a proxy. If YouTube did hand over the IP, it could of been the location of someone completely different.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The thing is, it's not that simple, yes, YouTube record the IP from the upload, but who's to say that it's a correct IP or they weren't using a proxy. If YouTube did hand over the IP, it could of been the location of someone completely different.

Surely they wont know unless they try. They can can then rule out proxy. Its the same as when the Police are given a name and address of a suspect who is known to sofa-surf

that's just evil find him and section him,he need to be off the streets

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
How do you know they haven't tried?

The people who upload this kind of thing aren't stupid, they know what they're doing.

Several speeding motorists (incl. m/bikers) have been caught through IP trace on youtube and other sites. Sometimes they are stupid enough, the vast majority of people using the site (incl. myself) wont know how to use proxy bypassing.

Several speeding motorists (incl. m/bikers) have been caught through IP trace on youtube and other sites. Sometimes they are stupid enough, the vast majority of people using the site (incl. myself) wont know how to use proxy bypassing.

But the majority of people who upload things like this only do it because they like to annoy people and troll.

Speeding motorists have probably just uploaded their videos thinking they're cool, forgetting about the legal implications, people doing it for a malicious purpose will more often than not know how to cover their tracks. I'd also argue that everyone who uses YouTube knows how to use google, the how to of IP address masking is available near enough anywhere, it's not hard.

thomas

the tank engine

Most people are stupid. Even if they think they can hide themselves, chances are they won't have done a very good job at it and there will be techniques that can identify them.

I think the horse has bolted as far as content on the internet. You may try to shut the stable door if you want but really I think it is a matter of accepting the internet is not policed.
I feel it is down to the individual to police their own viewing. No one forced you to watch it!

Top Bottom