Surnames you wish you had

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This one http://www.rockmemorials.co.uk/contact.htm was featured on the "That's Life" programme years ago. I used to mate with the owners son "Rocky" in the 60's when were children. His grandad died the other year aged 97 and he has something like "Rock of Ages" inscribed on his gravestone!:smile:

I remember listening to "Does the Team Think" on Radio 4 a number of years ago, when I was barely out of short trousers; there was a question " Does the team think that parents give enough consideration when naming their children?" The question was asked by a Mr Norman Conquest.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
We once had an American guy working with us. Name: Super Jolly.

No kidding.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I think Italian names sounds much nicer than their English equivalents: Donato or Donald?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I remember listening to "Does the Team Think" on Radio 4 a number of years ago, when I was barely out of short trousers; there was a question " Does the team think that parents give enough consideration when naming their children?" The question was asked by a Mr Norman Conquest.

There are a series of Standard Grade and Higher books on subjects such as Chemistry which are written by a Norman Conquest.

I wonder if it is the same guy, or at least a relative.

Top Bottom