Surprisingly cycling can be good for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Just seen this on sky news. Perfect timing for POP.

Slick

Guru
I've just watched the report on breakfast where they interviewed one of the people involved with setting this up and a representative from British cycling. Both spoke very well, and the conclusion was that cycling was in fact very good for you. British cycling advocated taking it easy and arriving at work fresh, whereas the study recommended upping the intensity to reap the full reward.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Cycling can reduce your risk of developing coronary heart disease and cancer by up to 50%. Walking reduces these risks by 25%. As I do both, I'm therefore 75% less likely to develop these conditions. Think that's how it works!

Cycling can reduce your risk of developing coronary heart disease and cancer by up to 50%. Walking reduces these risks by 25%. As I do both, I'm therefore 75% less likely to develop these conditions. Think that's how it works!
I am virtually immortal since I also drink red wine. There's another 26% for you.

You don't even have to leave the house to reap the benefits.

old-people-cycling-featured-.jpg

Why are they using lights?

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Totally believable, I cycle to work and I've never had a heart attack or cancer for the whole 24hrs.

On the rare day I drive I can't move without a cardiac arrest or self extracting a cancer with a rusty nail.

Top Bottom