Surprisingly cycling can be good for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't suppose it helps if you have smoked for 50 years as well as cycling as I have emphysema and one blocked blood vessel in my heart .:sad:
The study corrects for that. But then of course the study suggests an association rather than a causal link, and tells you nothing about effects at the individual level anyway.

I don't suppose it helps if you have smoked for 50 years as well as cycling as I have emphysema and one blocked blood vessel in my heart .:sad:

'“You could say that for every hour you cycle, you get an hour back in return. So it adds to your life actually,” Carlijn Kamphuis, from the Dutch University of Utrecht'
v
"The time it takes you to smoke a cigarette equals the time that cigarette takes off of your life." - the Tobacco Fact File.

= I'M WINNING! :hyper:

[Edited with an afterthought - that means ............ if I cycle REAL SLOOOOOW, so each journey takes twice as long. And smoke each cigarette twice as fast. So I could smoke four times more? And still be winning? Hey - there's a lot to be said for epidemiology :biggrin:.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Can you blame smoking? Some smokers live up to 100. Many non smokers die young.

Top Bottom