Susan Boyle - 27 years on benefits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read it in the Sunday papers, so I do not know whether it is true but I was shocked when I learnt that Susan Boyle had been on benefits for the last 27 years. I realise that she is not the sharpest knife in the box, but don't tell me that she could not have found some emplyment to suit her abilities in over a quarter of a century. How can people be left on benefits for such a long time?

Will1985

Über Member
Aren't benefits sometimes better than having a job? It probably depends on the individual situation and no doubt involves multiple kids.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I dont like this woman. She seemed too cocky last night, and i think she thought she was going to win too much. Which wasnt good for her. But either way, shes going to be getting money.
I think she had lost it when there was the bad press about her saying she wanted to leave BGT. She was on the front of some of the papers for that i think(im sure i saw her on there, i wouldnt of been up long so might of got it wrong) which would of made some people not vote for her.
I also think thats its abit strange that, if she hasnt been working for 27 years, to just come out of no-where and be able to sing like that is abit dodgy. Surely, she will have been practicing somewhere, and someone would of heard her sing. But i am probably wrong.
There were too many kids in it aswell.
And, i will probably be called mean for this, the young girl that cried shouldnt of got a second chance. She shoot out with the first one, so why should she be given another chance to do it? Later on, when/if she is doing a proper perfermormance, she cant stop and cry and get another chance to do it. What if she had have won? Started crying infront of the Queen, and asked for a second chance? I think not. She should of been buzzed off.

Joe24

Will1985 said:
Aren't benefits sometimes better than having a job? It probably depends on the individual situation and no doubt involves multiple kids.

As said by a girl in my school when she was in year 11, in reply to a teacher that said she will probably fail her exams:
"I dont give a ****, im pregnent with twins, im just going to live on benefits"

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
xpc316e said:
I read it in the Sunday papers, so I do not know whether it is true but I was shocked when I learnt that Susan Boyle had been on benefits for the last 27 years. I realise that she is not the sharpest knife in the box, but don't tell me that she could not have found some emplyment to suit her abilities in over a quarter of a century. How can people be left on benefits for such a long time?
Shocked! With all that's going on in the world? I'm shocked that children die every day of diarrhoea.

gavintc

Guru
xpc316e said:

Well presumably she will be means tested and lose them now. My wife loves her. I have never been too sure about her. It is an 'off limits' discussion in our house.

OP
OP
xpc316e

xpc316e

Veteran
If she was caring for her mother, that might explain it.

I thought form the start that her responses were "incorrect" and often inappropriate, she seemed to have some form of disability and that showed.

If the above is true then that would explain it

Thank you User - although I thought it was common knowledge. Certainly the 'qualities' had commented on it. Even the Mail had reported it, in a fairly caring and non accusatory way.

Would be nice if CC was as open minded.

also, she's a chorister, singing with the church choir which would be good practice for singing, no?

if i have my other facts correct, she lives in a small township in scotland which probably doesn't have a great deal of general employment going without commuting a fair distance.

Joe24

Black Sheep said:
also, she's a chorister, singing with the church choir which would be good practice for singing, no?

if i have my other facts correct, she lives in a small township in scotland which probably doesn't have a great deal of general employment going without commuting a fair distance.

I still reckon that somneone thats that good, wont just pop out of no-where. Surely she must of been spotted by someone at some time.

Mr Pig

Black Sheep said:
if i have my other facts correct, she lives in a small township in Scotland which probably doesn't have a great deal of general employment going without commuting a fair distance.

You are quite right. The area between Glasgow and Edinburgh used to be covered in small coal mines and other similar and related industries. My house was built as mining cottages. Almost all are long gone but most of the communities are still there. Some really are in the middle of nowhere with nothing much going for them. The people with a bit of get up and go, get up and go leaving those with less between the ears to just stay there and breed with their neighbours.

A generalisation I know but it's not too far off the mark. Few people move into these villages, there is little to draw them, so most of the inhabitants have lived there their whole lives.

Top Bottom