Susan Boyle - 27 years on benefits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

>Susan Boyle

The woman can sing - whats the big deal - sounds alright too !

Keith Oates

Janner
Susan Boyle seems to me to be a lady that's not had too many good breaks in her life, now she has got a big break and should be financially secure in the future. Good luck to her as she has got there because of her singing talent alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
Well she has been admitted to the Priory. It seems that the pressure and stress has taken on a toll. Interesting that the BBC report that doctors are assessing her under the Mental Health Act. I hope she is OK. I do hope that the programme has not pushed her over the edge.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
She looked under great stress as she was waiting for the results .... I just wanted them to get on with it - it seemed cruel in the circumstances. I think she probably doesn't skilfully cover her true emotions but she seemed relieved and happy for the group that won.

I'm hoping that given a while away from the limelight, that she can then go on to develop a singing career to support herself in the future - one with less pressure.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are thousands of better amateur singers than Susan Boyle, many hiding in small choirs all over the country. What's entertaining about her is that for someone so, er, unappetising in appearance she has a nice voice. That she is completely unprepared for the limelight is quite clear and maybe, as somebody wrote above, she realises that and was actually relieved not to win. She knows well that even as runner-up she's up for a CD and around £4 million.

Mr Pig

summerdays said:
She looked under great stress as she was waiting for the results ....

Yes. And I think the producers knew something was seriously wrong when Susan started behaving normally back stage. A spokesman said:

"We were having a rational conversation with her with good eye contact and no jumping around the place at all. We knew then something wasn't right"

All the best Susan. Hope you're back to your loopy old self soon.

bonj2

I hate to be cynical, but when I read that thing about her going into a clinic for exhaustion, it suddenly made a whole lot more sense when it was revealed that that Max Clifford bloke was involved...

Top Bottom