sushi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Why is it that sushi is so filling, yet doesn't look all that?

I can only guess it's because it's square and fills your stomach at a strange angle...

Unless your stomach is constructed like a Tetris box. Such a neat theory Obituary, but so badly flawed...:becool:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Melvil said:
Sushi is vile. I hate it.

Perhaps I haven't had the right kind but it really was horrid.

I don't like it either that much, but have to eat it at lunches sometimes, so I just douse it in soy sauce and wassupi and swallow it whole.

Often then I can't eat for about half a day after

Melvil

Abitrary said:
I don't like it either that much, but have to eat it at lunches sometimes, so I just douse it in soy sauce and wassupi and swallow it whole.

Often then I can't eat for about half a day after

Soy sauce is definitely the way forward! Otherwise :becool:. I'm not dissing nipponese food as some of it is exquisite - things like Ramen and Katsu Kare are ace :smile:- it's just that limp cold ricey fish fragment stuff I can't stand.

col

Legendary Member
Never tried it,but im not attracted to it anyway,just not sure of raw fish.

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Just cover it in soya sauce and wassupi and swallow it and it's not so bad

I think its the possible after effects that worry me most.

as a sushi (and sashimi) lover I'm sorry to read the responses above. There's nothing quite like having some fish, patently fresh, sliced to melt in the mouth. And good sake is a real treat.

My daughters took me out to dinner just before Christmas, and their accomplished ordering of sushi convinced me that I wasn't a complete failure as a parent.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

simon l& and a half said:
as a sushi (and sashimi) lover I'm sorry to read the responses above. There's nothing quite like having some fish, patently fresh, sliced to melt in the mouth. And good sake is a real treat.

My daughters took me out to dinner just before Christmas, and their accomplished ordering of sushi convinced me that I wasn't a complete failure as a parent.

fugu

wafflycat

A Japanese friend living in the UK for a few years made the most delicious sushi & sashami. She'd go to the local fishing harbour & buy the fish fresh from the boats as it was being landed. She also did me a meal made with Kobe beef. It was something else - it literally melted in the mouth.

Top Bottom