Suspension forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you've got the cash go for it, especially if a lot of your riding is on a mix of surfaces, including a lot of non-bumpy stuff.

Other than keen off-road mtb'ers nobody needs suspension, even with our crappy, potholed road surfaces.

D

Deleted member 26715

Other than keen off-road mtb'ers nobody needs suspension, even with our crappy, potholed road surfaces.
You could start a whole post on things that cyclist don't need it would be a long list,

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
If you've got the cash go for it, especially if a lot of your riding is on a mix of surfaces, including a lot of non-bumpy stuff.

When I go off road it's mixed surfaces, I somes use the hard tail for my commute is mainly but then sometimes do off road stuff on my way home

ChrisEyles

Guru
If you do a lot of climbing out the saddle, a lock out is quite useful. If you sit and spin, unless your suspension fork is set up really quite soft, you won't lose much energy to fork bob IME.

Lock out and adjustable travel both sound great on paper, but personally I never remember to use them, which must mean they don't make a really significant difference.

I'm sure others on here will have different opinions!

If you do a lot of climbing out the saddle, a lock out is quite useful. If you sit and spin, unless your suspension fork is set up really quite soft, you won't lose much energy to fork bob IME.

Lock out and adjustable travel both sound great on paper, but personally I never remember to use them, which must mean they don't make a really significant difference.

I'm sure others on here will have different opinions!

Exactly. It boils down to personal preference and usually there's only one way to find out how you'll get on with them.

If I go off-road there's often a couple of miles ride on roads/paths to get there with a few climbs so I usually start off with suspension locked. I often forget to lock it on the ride home.

I like having the option.

Top Bottom