Sussex cyclists may already be aware...but then again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In some sort of a quid pro quo when I forced the issue I was given a talking to as a result of posting a complaint on there. Given the grin and wink from the officer doing the talking I found myself well pleased with the outcome, and the offending driver now gives me a very wide berth when overtaking having had her card marked.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Im not expecting anything...but it would be nice if the police would have a quiet word with this guy and explain that he should look and indicate before pulling out...and look for BIKES not just cars.

Im also not on any kind of vendetta ...Im just protecting myself...this sort of thing happens way to often around here.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Im not expecting anything...but it would be nice if the police would have a quiet word with this guy and explain that he should look and indicate before pulling out...and look for BIKES not just cars.

Im also not on any kind of vendetta ...Im just protecting myself...this sort of thing happens way to often around here.
Nigh on daily occurence ime

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
From what i've heard of other peoples dealings with Operation Crackdown in Sussex, they only deal with drivers if they have been reported more than once.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Between August 2007 and January 2010 Operation Crackdown received 59717 reports. This has generated 13923 letters of advice, 292 uninsured vehicles have been seized, 352 warnings/seizures have been issued to drivers for anti social driving and 79 drivers have been arrested

From what i've heard of other peoples dealings with Operation Crackdown in Sussex, they only deal with drivers if they have been reported more than once.
Depends on the severity of the 'offence'. I submitted a report and the offending driver was given a severe verbal warning within 24 hours.
Since then, I have submitted other reports and nothing has happened except for a record being noted. Which is why Greg's comment is 100% spot-on - every incident should be reported every time. My only concern is that these 'notations' are deleted after 12 months.

Top Bottom