SW France severe weather warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'm interested in finding out how they are doing now, but there is a chain of people involved so it might be a while. (They are friends of the brother of a friend of mine!) I only found out about the trip when I got a call asking for advice - the night before they went! :laugh:
I'm with you on that, it would be great if they could complete the planned trip and l was thinking if they need to make up a bit of time they could stick their bikes and stuff on the SNCF train TGV. and l am not completely sure but when l have been on it l think there is a sign saying bicycles no charge . I have only done the Cahors to Toulouse train but they could check other routes in any railway station .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We bailed to N Wales coast on Thursday - much cooler than Manchester, believe it or not.

DRM

Guru
We were sleeping downstairs, bedrooms were unbearable, even with air con.
We were in the Vendee region that year, I clearly remember sat outside having a beer with our neighbour on the campsite and I checked the temperature, it was still 34 centigrade at midnight, we had a day in Les SableS D’Ollone, We stuck it for 20 minutes, the temperature gauge in the car went off the scale, when we came home we had an overnight in northern France before catching the ferry, I had to put a fleece on as it dropped dark as I was shivering and was asked why, the person asking could not believe how hot it had been in the Vendee

Top Bottom