SW France to Mariestad Sweden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ok l will come clean straight away, l strapped the trusty velo to the back of the car and set off today at lunchtime ! 700 Km. later and l haven't even made it out of France yet. Hope to be near Hamburg tomorrow (another 1000 Km) and then on Saturday overnight ferry to Gothenburg from Rostock..
Heading for the summer house on lake Vanern ....let the cycling begin. Photos later if l have the energy !!

Elysian_Roads

Ok l will come clean straight away, l strapped the trusty velo to the back of the car and set off today at lunchtime ! 700 Km. later and l haven't even made it out of France yet. Hope to be near Hamburg tomorrow (another 1000 Km) and then on Saturday overnight ferry to Gothenburg from Rostock..
Heading for the summer house on lake Vanern ....let the cycling begin. Photos later if l have the energy !!
Looking forward to seeing those! Sounds like a great journey. Safe travels.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Oh, and Mariestad's beer is quite decent, too, IIRC.
Very true. and its another thing to look forward to :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Summer in a Swedish 'stuga' is wonderful. Just hope the mozzies aren't too annoying.

I lived in Stockholm for 14 years and spent a lot of time in Swedish summer houses.

Have a great time.
Thanks, the stuga belongs to my partners family, l have spent quite a bit of time there. Great trails through the forest so taking my Raleigh M-Trax.
Dont think the mozzies will be too much problem, it has been very dry so far this year !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
So where are all the pictures @woodbutcher
Its a long story, but after a 2400 Km drive and an overnight ferry from Rostock to Trellebourg we arrived in the finally arrived in the forest at the summer house, last evening.....l think l was then unconscious for about twelve hours until this morning.
The journey has not been without incident. l had my bike on a Thule rack which worked fine until my partner, knackered after a marathon drive effort manage to reverse into a road sign post :eek: which was to be fair, hard to see,
there was a crunch and the rear mech. was bent into the wheel (actually it was the hanger which bent). Unfortunately the wheel is also bent and a couple of spokes are bent and loose. I spent this morning straightening the hanger , that worked ok and standing with one foot on the rim while attempting to pull the bloody thing straight with both hands. Well at least the wheel will go round now but l fear that l will have to find an LBS to get a proper job done before l can ride it.
As far as photos are concerned we are in the forest and the internet hasn't been invented here yet ....at least as far as photo uploads go. So you will have to be patient and wait until l go to Mariestad to get a reliable connection.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its a long story, but after a 2400 Km drive and an overnight ferry from Rostock to Trellebourg we arrived in the finally arrived in the forest at the summer house, last evening.....l think l was then unconscious for about twelve hours until this morning.
The journey has not been without incident. l had my bike on a Thule rack which worked fine until my partner, knackered after a marathon drive effort manage to reverse into a road sign post :eek: which was to be fair, hard to see,
there was a crunch and the rear mech. was bent into the wheel (actually it was the hanger which bent). Unfortunately the wheel is also bent and a couple of spokes are bent and loose. I spent this morning straightening the hanger , that worked ok and standing with one foot on the rim while attempting to pull the bloody thing straight with both hands. Well at least the wheel will go round now but l fear that l will have to find an LBS to get a proper job done before l can ride it.
As far as photos are concerned we are in the forest and the internet hasn't been invented here yet ....at least as far as photo uploads go. So you will have to be patient and wait until l go to Mariestad to get a reliable connection.

Sorry I asked

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Home for the trip...bit cramped but who cares ?

The bike after l had "repaired" it, not really rideable yet but watch this space.

Much more later , l hope !

Attachments

• 2018-06-16 07.51.02.jpg
    2018-06-16 07.51.02.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2018-06-18 11.31.51.jpg
    2018-06-18 11.31.51.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom