SW France to Mariestad Sweden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderdog

Its a long story, but after a 2400 Km drive and an overnight ferry from Rostock to Trellebourg we arrived in the finally arrived in the forest at the summer house, last evening.....l think l was then unconscious for about twelve hours until this morning.
The journey has not been without incident. l had my bike on a Thule rack which worked fine until my partner, knackered after a marathon drive effort manage to reverse into a road sign post :eek: which was to be fair, hard to see,
there was a crunch and the rear mech. was bent into the wheel (actually it was the hanger which bent). Unfortunately the wheel is also bent and a couple of spokes are bent and loose. I spent this morning straightening the hanger , that worked ok and standing with one foot on the rim while attempting to pull the bloody thing straight with both hands. Well at least the wheel will go round now but l fear that l will have to find an LBS to get a proper job done before l can ride it.
As far as photos are concerned we are in the forest and the internet hasn't been invented here yet ....at least as far as photo uploads go. So you will have to be patient and wait until l go to Mariestad to get a reliable connection.
Does this mean your beloved will now travel on the roof racks, attached by her thumbs?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just in case you think l have got lost in the forest l am taking the opportunity of updating. Have come into Mariestad for supplies and internet access.
The bad news is that the bike is a write off, financially at least. However l attach a photo of the "alternative" which l found in a shed at the summer stuga!
This place is just heaven for off piste cycling and there isn't a soul around. Bikes are big news here though but they are almost all olde world sit up and beg types. The guy in the LBS told me that he had sold only one mountain bike in 12 months , someone is seriously missing a trick !!
So a few photos of the surroundings ......The paw print l photographed this morning about 100 meters from the "stuga" and l can tell you my dog and l beat a hasty retreat :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    305 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Are you not going to set a trap for it ?
Finally back from Sweden and at home in France. 4700 kms later. Internet and all mod cons restored, funny thing is that l would not mind in the least if l turned round went back to Sweden :smile: apart from limited internet access.
All l bought back of my mountain bike is the rear wheel and lm hoping that my LBS will be able to fix it ie straighten it and repair the cassette which at the moment spins in both directions !
If anyone is thinking of travelling in a similar direction l can recommend the TT Line ferries, no hassle taking the dog and the bike rack and no extra charge. See link https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe..._uiU&hl=de&ll=55.37199,13.154669000000013&z=7

Top Bottom