Swallowed a fly..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Swallow a spider ... problem solved :unsure:

And we have a winner! :laugh: (See post No. 5)

What! you think I would wear that contraption? I would look like Ive just been released for the day.:ohmy:

Not at all, but I think it's funny someones gone to the trouble of developing and selling a product to solve a problem that can easily be fixed by wearing a pair of sunglasses and keeping your mouth shut.

Maybe it has a second use, you could wear it for fencing practice. ^_^

machew

Veteran
And to get rid of the Bird, you need a Cat

Dingerjsc

The main country road i use to commute on seems to have ford fiesta size clouds of midges that get into your eyes, hair, helmet, nostrils etc!
I'll wear the psycho pink star wars bug mask helmet no problem!

Cubist

Still wavin'
There's a bit of singletrack that runs through the woods at the side of the motorway, good fast bit of path, but is also popular with dog walkers. There seems to have been a hatch of some chunky long legged jet black flies just recently, and they fit just nicely into a helmet vent. Yesterday I was tanking along, trying to ignore the wriggling that was going on under my helmet (ping Fnaaaar!) when something went down the front of my shirt. That's OK I thought, I can just kill it and keep going, so I slapped at where I guessed it was, only to discover that whatever it was could sting, and appeared to have got under the front of my bibshorts. This called for a change of plan, so with all the aplomb I could muster I slammed the brakes on, leaped of the bike, ripped my shirt off over my head only to discover that I couldn't get it off over my helmet, and the thing wriggling around in there made me think I had to get that off in case that could sting as well. Thing was, I was wearing full-fingered gloves and the material of the shirt over my head was now stopping me getting to the buckle. Several seconds of swearing and panicking eventually saw me emerge from under the shirt to look straight at two women dog walkers who had appeared from around the next bend. The word "wasp" was enough to convince them that I hadn't escaped from my carer momentarily, but no doubt that their opinion of mountainbikers will have been amended just a tad.

Top Bottom