Swap: Blackburn AirStik pump for best cycling tip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
When planning to return home by bicycle from somewhere at the top of very big hill, don't drink seventeen Whiskey Sours and ride no-hands down the hill. Really.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some good ones there ...

When planning to return home by bicycle from somewhere at the top of very big hill, don't drink seventeen Whiskey Sours and ride no-hands down the hill. Really.
... but that one sounds a bit obvious! :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Actually, it comes into the "seems like a good idea at the time" category.
Funny - I was just remembering the time (about 35 years ago) when I borrowed a friend's bike at a party and rode it across Coventry when I was rather intoxicated. I decided to see how far I could ride no-hands but got bored with that, so it then became a question of how far I dare ride no-hands down Earlsdon Street, eyes-closed! :eek:

I managed about 100 yards, opened my eyes and discovered a white van parked directly in my path ... Hands back on bars, a violent swerve and I just missed it. I haven't done that again! :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Have you got the receipt for that pump?
Not only do I not have the receipt, officer, I do not even remember where I bought it or when! I know that I bought it at least 8 years ago because I remember pumping up a tyre with it outside a Spanish village in 2003.

I don't think I could prove ownership of most of my stuff should the police or my insurance company require it!

Edge705

Fold a £5 not 4 -5 times put it in a peice of waterproof plastic or bag showve it in you saddle bag and forget about it - If your ever out and forget to take money and you bonk youve got some backup to buy some jelly beans or cake :tongue: I also learned the hard way :thumbsup:

Chris-H

Über Member
A very good way to help relieve your sit bones while getting used to the saddle is to slightly tip it forward,when your ar*e starts aching you can slide yourself slightly backwards giving a different position on the saddle,it may seem daft and no doubt this'll get shot down in flames but it worked an absolute treat for me last night.A 25 mile ride in relative comfort with hardly any aching bones than previous rides.

Best piece of advice I've been given was for a cycling tour...Eat before you're hungry, drink before you're thirsty...I know it's obvious to many but it is easily forgotten (until you bonk!)
Russ

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'd forgotten about this thread! I said I'd stop taking tips at the end of October but I've overshot the deadline. Tell you what, if any of you fancy one last shot at the pump, tip away - I'll choose a winner first thing tomorrow.

(I've found the mount for the pump; it bolts on under a bottle cage so it is very neat. There is a little Velcro security strap to make it impossible for the pump to fall off if it gets knocked.)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

If I win, could I have a tenner instead?
Nope - I'm skint. I already own the pump so I only have to cough up the postage and if I gave you the postage then I'd have to cough it up again for the person who gets the pump! ;)

If whoever's name comes out of the hat doesn't want the pump then I'll keep drawing names until I get to someone who does want it.

It's good little pump but I now have one of those mini-track-pump-like pumps which I find easier to use.

Top Bottom