Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What is it with all the swearing on this forum lately. Just because they put * in gaps, it doesnt make less noticable.

and some are not even using stars, just blatant swear words, on what is supposed to be a family friendly forum.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The swear filter is on strike as it's demanding an inflation busting pay rise.^_^

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What is it with all the swearing on this forum lately. Just because they put * in gaps, it doesnt make less noticable.

and some are not even using stars, just blatant swear words, on what is supposed to be a family friendly forum.
Mod Note:
@Shaun, the forum's owner, put a swear filter on Cycle Chat.
It says on the rules and guidelines that members should not bypass the swear filter by substituting symbols or letters to the swear word intended.
If you are aware of such instances, please report the posts to the mods team.
Cheers.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
daffodils

I now automatically type that where appropriate and wonder if there might be a reverse swear filter converting it back to a naughty word somewhere.

D

Deleted member 1258

Does it matter? are you offended? if you're offended how do you cope with the bad language we here in real life.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Does it matter? are you offended? if you're offended how do you cope with the bad language we here in real life.

Ask the owner, he built CC with a swear filter attached and rules about swearing.......he also states you shouldn't replace parts of the word with symbols, numbers etc etc to escape the swear filter.

As a member, you agreed to all these things when you signed up and accepted membership to this site.

Hope that helps

D

Deleted member 1258

Ask the owner, he built CC with a swear filter attached and rules about swearing.......he also states you shouldn't replace parts of the word with symbols, numbers etc etc to escape the swear filter.

As a member, you agreed to all these things when you signed up and accepted membership to this site.

Hope that helps

Thats an excellent sidestep, how do you feel about it? Or do you not want to discuss it?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Thats an excellent sidestep, how do you feel about it? Or do you not want to discuss it?

this isnt a discussion part of the forum, its Site support and the MODS agreed with me.....

Alex321

Veteran

In conversation, it is (to me) acceptable, particularly when said in the heat of the moment.

But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it except in really exceptional circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom