Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
In conversation, it is (to me) acceptable, particularly when said in the heat of the moment.

But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it except in really exceptional circumstances.

totally agree....my work colleagues have never heard me swear in the 19yrs i have worked with them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don't like seeing swearing either. It's pointless.
As to hearing it in real life, I mark the user down as of limited vocabulary and try to avoid as much as possible.

It is actually the other way round. It’s been studied and those who swear have a richer and more comprehensive vocabulary than those who do not swear.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
totally agree....my work colleagues have never heard me swear in the 19yrs i have worked with them.

You agree that
But written posts (or other writing) takes more thought and time, and there should generally be no need for it except in really exceptional circumstances.

WTF??

Seriously??

You claim there's no need for swearing in written posts???

Would you like to withdraw this, or would you prefer some of your written effluent to be quoted?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
this isnt a discussion part of the forum, its Site support and the MODS agreed with me.....
You opened the batting with a question, and proceed to tell us this isn't a discussion. And you're still discoursing now.
Leg before wicket, old fruit.
Of course you've found something you're right about - swearing in all its forms is banned here - you must be delighted with yourself, hey? Award yourself a six, right over the Mound stand. Nice shot.
And the Moderators agree with you! Even better. The umpire signals a "no ball" - award yourself a four, through the covers.
The only fly in your embrocation is that life isn't cricket.
Other people don't always play by the rules. And they most certainly don't play by your rules.
Out there, beyond the confines of this virtual nonsense, people use all manner of sounds with which to express themselves.
Only the dullest mood-hoover would try to make them stop.

Why the torrent of swear words on the other forum then, have you a split personality or something?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why the torrent of swear words on the other forum then, have you a split personality or something?

this isnt NACA fella.....keep naca comments over there. Also, your not my work colleagues

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You opened the batting with a question, and proceed to tell us this isn't a discussion. And you're still discoursing now.
Leg before wicket, old fruit.
Of course you've found something you're right about - swearing in all its forms is banned here - you must be delighted with yourself, hey? Award yourself a six, right over the Mound stand. Nice shot.
And the Moderators agree with you! Even better. The umpire signals a "no ball" - award yourself a four, through the covers.
The only fly in your embrocation is that life isn't cricket.
Other people don't always play by the rules. And they most certainly don't play by your rules.
Out there, beyond the confines of this virtual nonsense, people use all manner of sounds with which to express themselves.
Only the dullest mood-hoover would try to make them stop.

in the SITE SUPPORT section.......to ask mods a question, which is what SITE SUPPORT is for

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It isn't but how can you find swearing on a forum so offensive when you obviously do it so much yourself?

It doesn't make sense.

i never said it was offensive, dont put words into my mouth....i stated "this is a family friendly forum" and rules are there to be obeyed, when you sign up to said forum.

I didnt make the rules, the owner did, im just asking the members (Via site support) who agree on sign up to obey them. Dont like it, hand in your membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom