Sweat in my eeeeyes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Try it. Not much hair, no helmet, a sunny day, and wizzing down a hill with the wind in your face. I don't know if helmets "work", but leaving the sweaty thing at home feels pretty good. I shall become more serious in Winter.

Hehe there is a few people in the beginners progress thread that would attest to helmets working :tongue:

That's why it was stinging. normal sweat doesn't sting. only put suntan under the eyes not above.
ditch the suntan lotion and get a cap or whatever under your helmet so you don't get burnt.

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Tango

Yup, I had suntan spray on my head (bald as a coot) so that explains the stinging eyes

Won't be doing that again :smile:

Longshot

I suffered badly on Sunday from sweat - not so much stinging eyes but it gets on your sunglasses and the lack of vision is quite disturbing. I'll be buying a buff or a headband. The pirate look with the buff is quite appealing though. Arrrrr.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I have ditched the helmet and thermal hat (http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-thermal-hat-mens-905205 - which soaks the sweat up quite well).

Instead I wear just a basebell cap on my head.
Seems to be working quite well, and if it gets overloaded with sweat it runs off the sides of the peak of the cap, and keeps the sweat off my glasses.
It also keeps the sun out of my eyes better than the visor on my helmet.

I have also noticed drivers being better behaved around me.

I also noticed from a commute perspective that most people are wearing helmets, at least those I see cycling in towards London.

There are valid points for and against, but as it is my choice to make, I will choose to go with what I find comfortable, and in this weather I prefer the baseball cap.

No doubt when the weather turns for the worse I will have the thermal hat and helmet out again.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have recently been thinking about using a bandana to cure all these ills! I have short/no hair and ride helmetless but still get sweat running in my eyes. I know about the suncream problem (the hard way) but could do with the sun protection of some headwear. I also find the sweat spraying onto the inside of my cycle glasses can be a pain.
I reckon a Bandana would sort all these issues without causing me to overheat and would look Badass to boot :becool:

How do I put one on?

Tango

I have recently been thinking about using a bandana to cure all these ills! I have short/no hair and ride helmetless but still get sweat running in my eyes. I know about the suncream problem (the hard way) but could do with the sun protection of some headwear. I also find the sweat spraying onto the inside of my cycle glasses can be a pain.
I reckon a Bandana would sort all these issues without causing me to overheat and would look Badass to boot :becool:

How do I put one on?

There a various ways, but in this weather and to offer neck protection from the sun, the one I use is where a flap of arterial covers the actor my neck, see video demo :smile:

View: http://youtu.be/yydanA59X0U

raindog

er.....
Cotton cycling cap under the helmet...
^^^^^ this - better still, leave off the helmet and just wear the cotton cap....

PK99

Legendary Member
I find a cycling bandana better and more comfortable than a buff.

i tend to wear mine all year round - cool in summer by sweat evaporation, warm in winter by wind proofing

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
A Buff is the king of cycling clothing.,.....

Went out and did a night ride with the buff in its "piratey" format. Ok, it wasn't 27 degree heat but forgot it was on there after a few miles. Will certainly be giving it a go during daylight hours as soon as.

Top Bottom