Swim across the Atlantic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
Just watched a couple of his videos on the webpage. He has a sublime technique.

He updates on FB for those inclined.

Last edited:
Read about him last winter when I was impressed with my 4-5 kilometre swims. :blush: I do quite a bit of open water swimming every winter but, at most, I'm only about 250 yards from the beach.

If it goes according to plan, it'll take him 140 days, doing between 10-12 hours a day. :eek:

There's sharks, jellyfish, other curious marine life, tankers, sun, heat, waves, wind, currents, storms and lightening to contend with. And the solitude, although he's said that the solitude of long-distance swimming is successful therapy for his depression.

swim-map.jpg

Good luck to him.

Attachments

• swim-map.jpg
    swim-map.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
For anyone who wants to 'sea' his progress. Use this page. There is something wrong with the tracker on his wrist, apparently. So you have to ignore the swimmer symbol, and 'so many days since last update', and follow the boat symbol.

...or he's drinking martinis in a jacuzzi and laughing at us.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
Maybe he's doing a Ray Mars? Someone films him getting in the ocean and swimming a bit and then he gets back in the support boat and only comes out when they need a bit of footage.

GOAB

screenman

Legendary Member
I swam 2k a day 5 days on the run last week, then I needed a couple of days off, guess that makes me a wimp, compared to this guy.

I certainly wish him all the best and will follow with interest.

Ian A

Über Member
I swam 2k a day 5 days on the run last week, then I needed a couple of days off, guess that makes me a wimp, compared to this guy.

I certainly wish him all the best and will follow with interest.

Pretty much what I was about to type. That's a pretty special achievemention if he pulls it off.

Ed Phelan

Wow, that's impressive. I'd love to achieve something similar to this one day. With the right support around and a mindset that tells you, you can do it, I can't think of anything more rewarding!

Top Bottom