Swinnerton Cycles ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone used them?

I'm after a rim (Open Pro Silver 36H) and all the "usual suspects" are out of stock or prices OTT.

RedBike

Which one?
The one in Fenton is my 'local' shop. I've never used the mail order side but I would recommend the shop.

Will1985

Über Member
I think there is a general shortage of Open Pro rims at the moment. It took several failed attempts to get 28, 32 and 36h black rims recently. I ended up paying SJS £45 for the 28h which Ribble haven't had in stock for months.

e-rider

crappy member
Mavic cut out the middle man a while back, and ever since they have failed to meet demand - great idea Mavic!!!

RedBike

Having read the last few comments I would definately phone Swinnertons before placing the order.

I've been to their shop to purchase something I've seen on their website only to find they don't actually have it in stock and need to order it in.

trio25

Über Member
I got my singlespeed bike from them. I rang them up and they couldn't have been more helpful!

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
I ended up ordering a pair of rims from cyclebasket.com
I don't like their delivery charge but their price on spokes is so much lower than anyone else which more than makes up for it.

Arrived today - one OpenPro, one OpenSport :wacko::ohmy::ohmy:

They are closed Wednesdays too - so I can't sort it with them until tomorrow, which is a ball ache as I wanted to build them up this evening.

Top Bottom