Sympathy needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
48 hrs is still plenty, but downsouth they get a few months notice.

'Darn sarf' they don't get a few months notice. They get a telephone call 48 hours at most, notice by telephone just like the rest of England.

What might be happening is that schools second guess when they might get the call based on the date of their last inspection i.e. 'There's two months to go to the third anniversary of our last inspection so it must be due in two months time give or take a few weeks let's start preparing now'

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
'Darn sarf' they don't get a few months notice. They get a telephone call 48 hours at most, notice by telephone just like the rest of England.

What might be happening is that schools second guess when they might get the call based on the date of their last inspection i.e. 'There's two months to go to the third anniversary of our last inspection so it must be due in two months time give or take a few weeks let's start preparing now'
Why are you preparing, does that mean you only do your job properly when you know you are going to have a visit.^_^

Why are you preparing, does that mean you only do your job properly when you know you are going to have a visit.^_^
No.

It generally means one/two/all of
- senior management frantically covering the traces of their incompetence;
- senior management's misinterpretation of the last Ofsted report as requiring enormous amounts of vacuous and useless paperwork from each and every member of staff ....... except themselves;
- huge chunks of the school's admin and management information systems that simply don't work.

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 1755138, member: 76"]
If the Inspectors say anything, tell them to fcuk off and get a proper job that doesn't involve passing judgment on other people who are just trying to do their best.[/quote]
The whole point is that there are still significant numbers of teachers who aren't trying to do their best, or whose best isn't worth paying for. It's a hell of a lot better than when I was at school in the sixties, but it's still harder than it should be to get rid of incompetent staff.

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
Crikey
Didnt expect all this folks

Day 1
All looking positive - thank you for the support - I am sure it helped.
They think the same as us - good sign.

Vernon - yes I remember those halcyon days also....but today is more real...like an MOT inspection!

Fingers crossed nobody strangles a kids tomorrow!
Will bring you up to speed on what they think tomorrow possibly - depends on if I go to the pub on the way home

BTW

Drove in...sorry folks
Toying with running in tomorrow but had a glass of rose tonight. So might not.

B
x

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
[QUOTE 1755138, member: 76"]Cycle in, and this is the good bit, don't take a change of clothes! Stand there all day in white lycra bib shorts, stupid clippy, cloppy cleated shoes and a snug fitting top.

If the Inspectors say anything, tell them to fcuk off and get a proper job that doesn't involve passing judgment on other people who are just trying to do their best.

Then..... when you are all having lunch, casually ask them who monitors their performance as Inspectors.

That should all see you right ^_^[/quote]
love it love it love it
visions of me in bib and strippy socks!!!!!

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
Why is it that teaching staff only ever worry about their job when Ofsted book an appointment. Can't they manage to teach our children correctly without the presence of big brother? I pride myself on doing my job (when I have one) to the best of my ability rather than when the boss is watching.
wish the parents couild manage to do their job properly before they even arrive at school

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
As the weather is meant to be really wet here (doesn't look it at the moment here), then I would go in the car.

(Quick look at Raintoday and there doesn't seem to be as much rain as I thought there was going to be).

Good luck - I'm one of those people that worries by being assessed - even when it has been colleagues being assessed.
thrive on the challenge - pity Bristol is no where near me or I may have listened to you

Paul J

wish the parents couild manage to do their job properly before they even arrive at school

Shame teachers feel the need to think they know how to educate children in the facts of life, drugs, stranger danger, etc, etc. Does it make any difference? They have them for more awake hours of the day than parents but can they put on sun cream, deal with monor injuries? Answer to both is NO. That's why we are parents as parents know best for thier child, not some politican or teacher. They need to concentrate on their teaching skills. Bring back teachers from 20 years ago. :boxing:

vernon

Sadly too many parents abdicate responsibility for the care and guidance of their children. The government saw fit to intervene and make social and personal education a compulsory element of a child's education. I would much rather parents take responsibility for their children's behaviour and welfare then I could focus on developing the skills and knowledge of my charges instead of dealing with issues that disrupt the teaching and learning. Parent's have to make up their minds what they want from teachers - social workers or educators. As for administering first aid, one again parents have themselves to blame for the reluctance of untrained staff to administer lotions and potions. One mistake and it's a personal injury claim.

I just want to teach. Parents and the government won't let me.

Paul J

Hi Vernon, you are one of the few teachers that want to teach. Teachers these days do not seem to have the skills to control a class of children and actually teach. What I have seen in class at my daughters school is nothing more than reciting out of a book or laptop. Teachers should concentrate on teaching, parenting is for parents.

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
Okay - here it is
Not allowed to say......but it isn't O or G or I

Happy we are not I really

But - they used the criteria like a checklist and when you didnt fullfil one aspect then you could not be in that category - totally the opposite to what I have heard HMI say how to use the criteria.

Time now for a beer or five.

Glad to be a teacher and really proud of my school and its teachers who are really good at their job and passionate about young bods...

vernon

Hi Vernon, you are one of the few teachers that want to teach. Teachers these days do not seem to have the skills to control a class of children and actually teach. What I have seen in class at my daughters school is nothing more than reciting out of a book or laptop. Teachers should concentrate on teaching, parenting is for parents.

I really don't think that you have any idea of the tensions in the classroom.

Teachers can only control kids if the kids let them. There are children who are unschooled in: following reasonable instructions, taking responsibility for their own actions and being good citizens because they have not seen such behaviour modelled by their parents. When kids are turning up at school with cigarettes supplied by their parents, whose personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired because of lack of parental care and whose behaviour is untamed there's very little a teacher can do. Teachers are not lion tamers. Teachers are not hygienists. Teachers should not have to put up with verbal and physical abuse from parents and pupils but we do.

The vast majority of teachers want to teach and get on with their jobs unburdened by: pointless administration, irrelevant initiatives, focussing on the latest educational fad of the current secretary of state, and intensive social work. Your family unit might be fine and dandy but there's a hell of a lot of dysfunctional families out there whose offspring are offloaded to schools to equip with social skills, eating skills, personal hygiene routines, citizenship skills, emotional well being to start with.

It did not give me any satisfaction today when I opened a local newspaper and read about three of my former pupils, all of them nineteen years old receiving jail sentences of six and seven years for kicking an eighteen year old unconscious and stealing his iPhone.

Who failed the miscreants? The teachers or their parents?

Top Bottom