Sympathy needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baldycyclist

Über Member
as I have Ofsted in tomorrow for two days.
Matchsticks keeping eyes open and brain totally mashed.

Question is - Do I cycle in as I need to be in for 6.30am changed and ready for action and therefore would need to leave before 5am!!!!!

I think I might wimp it as it could also be a late wednesday night and a tired cyclist is nobodies hero?

Opinions?

Balds
xxxxx
zzzzz

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
The ride might clear your head, but think you may need all your energy for the next couple of days, hope its goes well and good luck

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You would have known about it for a few months, had time to prepare for it, not like us with our MOT station they just walk in,
No sympothy here.:whistle:

snorri

Legendary Member
MTFU, you're going to be indoors all day at work, it's not as if you are going to be out on the deck of a North Sea standby vessel with mountainous waves sweeping the ship as you search between the snow squalls for the dummy that someone has thrown off an oil rig to check your alertness.

:biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
as I have Ofsted in tomorrow for two days.
Matchsticks keeping eyes open and brain totally mashed.

Question is - Do I cycle in as I need to be in for 6.30am changed and ready for action and therefore would need to leave before 5am!!!!!

I think I might wimp it as it could also be a late wednesday night and a tired cyclist is nobodies hero?

Opinions?

Balds
xxxxx
zzzzz

You are making a hell of a fuss over an inspection. If you have nothing to hide there's nothing to stress about.

06:30 start?

Get real!

I might turn up 1/2 an hour before the start of school during an OFSTED.

In the good old days the inspections used to last five days and my personal best was nine observations in a week plus two interviews.

vernon

You would have known about it for a few months, had time to prepare for it, not like us with our MOT station they just walk in,
No sympothy here.:whistle:

You're a bit out of touch. They turn up with 48 hours notice and will turn up unannounced from September onwards.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You're a bit out of touch. They turn up with 48 hours notice and will turn up unannounced from September onwards.

48 hrs is still plenty, but downsouth they get a few months notice.
They should just turn up out of the blue, that would keep you on your toes,:giggle:

hotmetal

Not sure what the point of an 'inspection' is if they tell you they're coming…
Various members of my friends/family are teachers and although they also dread Ofsted, they tell stories of the naughty kids being given the day off when they know the Ofsted inspectors are coming. If the naughty kids are allowed to stay at home, why not the naughty teachers?! :becool:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
As the weather is meant to be really wet here (doesn't look it at the moment here), then I would go in the car.

(Quick look at Raintoday and there doesn't seem to be as much rain as I thought there was going to be).

Good luck - I'm one of those people that worries by being assessed - even when it has been colleagues being assessed.

Paul J

Why is it that teaching staff only ever worry about their job when Ofsted book an appointment. Can't they manage to teach our children correctly without the presence of big brother? I pride myself on doing my job (when I have one) to the best of my ability rather than when the boss is watching.

vernon

Why is it that teaching staff only ever worry about their job when Ofsted book an appointment. Can't they manage to teach our children correctly without the presence of big brother? I pride myself on doing my job (when I have one) to the best of my ability rather than when the boss is watching.

Staff don't worry about their jobs during an OFSTED inspection. It's the headteacher who worries about the loss of his/her job during an inspection as an announcement of 'special measures' almost invariably leads to the head's dismissal.

The stress points are having to teach in a formulaic way to match the inspection performance criteria which the kids and teachers generally find unnatural.

There's also the issue of the redefining of the English language.

Satisfactory is now unsatisfactory.

Top Bottom