Synapse v Roubaix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyno70

Hi All,

New member here.

I'm just starting to extend the length of my rides with the intention of doing some long distance events in 2009 (100 miles plus).

I currently ride a Giant TCR and find it painful after 3 hours in the saddle.

As such, I'm going to buy myself a new bike in the Spring and am debating between a Cannondale Synapse or a Specialized Roubaix.

Budget is about £2k, so I'll get the best specced version of one of the above that I can.

The only fly in the ointment is that i've just seen a pic of the new Felt AR4, due out in the spring and love it. It's clearly not as suitable as one of the above but for her, I could put up with the pain.

Any thoughts/ suggestions??

Yanto

I bought a Roubaix this year and absolutely love it. Not tried the Cannondale so hard to comment, but reading reviews, it seems that the Specialized is thought of as the most comfortable bike out there, and I would agree.

Tynan

Veteran
if you want to splash then do of course but the current ride being uncomfortable can only be fit

an expensive bike will have to fit too, long rides are the ones that find out out well you've got it set up

Yanto

Agree with Tynan. Bike has to be set up correctly for you personally. Try both the Spesh and Cannondale if you decide to splash out. I have a cheaper Bianchi too, and although it was set up for me, the Roubaix is still better on long rides.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm very sensitive to road vibration (I get numb hands and feet), but to be honest I can pretty much deal with the problem by (a) using Marsas foam under my bar tape and (:biggrin: keeping my tyre pressures down below what most people use (for 23 c tyres, I use about 85 psi front and 95 psi rear).

I think 25 c tyres are also a good idea but I got a batch of 23 c in when the shops ran out of 25 c Krylions.

Of course if you are dead set on getting a new bike, don't let me persuade you not to... :wacko:

dmb

Nothing beats that new bike feeling though, why not try out a Ti bike like the Sabbath silk road, well within price range and a little different

Top Bottom