Tablet Screen Problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Anyone seen this before? Galaxy Tab A, half the screen is white and half the screen is black lines, before I retreat to space and nuke it from orbit does anybody have any idea

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
ive not seen that issue....i only kept my galaxy tab for a few months and sold it on here, cant remember who to tbh.......

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

ive not seen that issue....i only kept my galaxy tab for a few months and sold it on here, cant remember who to tbh.......

This one is less than 10 month old, if a full factory reset doesn't sort it then I'll be talking to the seller on Amazon, but I'd like to sort it without the reset if I can.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If it is like my ipad you can do a soft reset which is just like a forced reboot. Doesn’t lose anything. I press my home button and power button at the same time for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. Maybe something similar?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I generally don't touch tablets, but i have done a couple of galaxy note tablets from 2015 one was a black screen and the other was lines on the screen. The issue was that the ribbon cable that goes over the battery from the LCD to the motherboard gets dislodged. A simple reseating fixed similar issues on that. I've looked at the construction of the Tab A and it looks very similar in design. It could well be that. To ensure no software bugs a hard reset is a good idea to test. If that's not helpful, i'd get it warranty repaired/returned...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

If it is like my ipad you can do a soft reset which is just like a forced reboot. Doesn’t lose anything. I press my home button and power button at the same time for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. Maybe something similar?

I've already done that, it's looking like a full reset.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

I generally don't touch tablets, but i have done a couple of galaxy note tablets from 2015 one was a black screen and the other was lines on the screen. The issue was that the ribbon cable that goes over the battery from the LCD to the motherboard gets dislodged. A simple reseating fixed similar issues on that. I've looked at the construction of the Tab A and it looks very similar in design. It could well be that. To ensure no software bugs a hard reset is a good idea to test. If that's not helpful, i'd get it warranty repaired/returned...

That sounds like the way forward.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Unfortunately the full factory reset didn't resolve the issue and it will be going back to amazon tomorrow.

Top Bottom