Tacx Flow set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markstev27

Hi I have bought a Tacx Flow smart trainer. I have 30 days free access to the online videos but wondered if tacx subscription is the best?

Also should I use a turbo training tyre or use my current tyre as it already may need changing early next year?

Thanks

si_c

Guru
I had a tacx flow for a while, good trainer. I never used the tacx subscription tool, as I had already decided to use Zwift.

A lot of the subscription training tools are very similar, you just need to find what works for you.

BurningLegs

Veteran
As above!

It’s a good entry level trainer, the software is not as good as Zwift for immersive training and not as good as Wahoo or Trainerroad for structured training.

I have never bothered with a trainer tyre - just a smooth road tyre for me and I’ve been using it several hours a week for a few years. Nowhere near the wear indicator yet.

si_c

Guru
I have never bothered with a trainer tyre - just a smooth road tyre for me and I’ve been using it several hours a week for a few years. Nowhere near the wear indicator yet.
One thing I did forget to mention, if you have a spare wheel it can be worth using a trainer specific tyre, they are a little bit quieter and a regular road tyre can produce a bit of black dust over time as the tyre wears, which you don't get on a trainer specific tyre. If you are happy to spend 30s with a hoover once a week or when packing up then not an issue.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I got a cheap wheel and put a trainer tyre on that for the turbo. Means I need to change the wheel when using turbo as I don’t have a spare turbo bike. But it doesn’t take long and all works great.

Top Bottom