Tacx Flux - or other...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
To update - wrist is slowly on the mend but a minimum of another 6 weeks off work with weekly physio!

I've gone ahead and ordered the Elite Direto which will hopefully be with me Saturday. Ultimately, the current wait and cost ruled out the Atom but it looks an awesome but of kit!

So, I have a Nexus 10 tablet, android phone and a Windows laptop. What do you guys recommend, Zwift or trainerRoad or are there others I should consider also?

Thanks.

Red17

Veteran
The main ones are probably Zwift, Trainerroad, Sufferfest, Bkool and bigring vr which is currently free, although there are others about.

Most of them will offer a trial period of a week or so so worth trying them all out as its very much a personal preference.

I tend to prefer Trainerroad as I like a structure to my training and targets to work to, and am also currently trailing Sufferfest (although I still prefer TR. )

I find Bkool and Bigring a bit boring although loads love them

I dip in and out of Zwift for a change now and again but I get a bit bored with that as well.

As above - just trial them and decide which suits you the best.

The Rover

Guru
To update - wrist is slowly on the mend but a minimum of another 6 weeks off work with weekly physio!

I've gone ahead and ordered the Elite Direto which will hopefully be with me Saturday. Ultimately, the current wait and cost ruled out the Atom but it looks an awesome but of kit!

So, I have a Nexus 10 tablet, android phone and a Windows laptop. What do you guys recommend, Zwift or trainerRoad or are there others I should consider also?

Thanks.

Did you get the direto? If so, how are you getting on with it?

Cheers Stuart.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Did you get the direto? If so, how are you getting on with it?

Cheers Stuart.
Yes mate, I did get the Direto. Feels good to me but I've not tried any others. Tracks well to my Stages power meter too so looks like both are either accurate or out but to the same degree!

It feels really stable and can handle anything I can throw at it without any problems. In short I can recommend it 100%. Can't really see any point in spending more.

The Rover

Guru
Yes mate, I did get the Direto. Feels good to me but I've not tried any others. Tracks well to my Stages power meter too so looks like both are either accurate or out but to the same degree!

It feels really stable and can handle anything I can throw at it without any problems. In short I can recommend it 100%. Can't really see any point in spending more.

Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the tacx flux but I’ve seen too many reports of it failing and also in the running is the wahoo snap although I shouldn’t really compare this to the elite. I’ve joined the elite owners site on FB. Seems to get decent feedback.

Cheers Stuart.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the tacx flux but I’ve seen too many reports of it failing and also in the running is the wahoo snap although I shouldn’t really compare this to the elite. I’ve joined the elite owners site on FB. Seems to get decent feedback.

Cheers Stuart.
Funny you say that about the Flux. A mate of mine messaged me tonight saying his had died on him today!

Top Bottom