Tacx Flux Smart Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It's not for everyone, but not everyone can spend 2-4 hours on the bike outside 3 or more times a week. Indoor riding tends to be quite intense though so 1-2 hours a time, 3 to 5 times a week will be a heavy work load if used properly. If you are into racing Zwift is the one to go to apparently.

Indoor training has been a revelation to me. I have always hated gym related exercise. But as a busy, single dad in a full time job, my smart trainer has been amazing. I do mid volume plans of about 4.5 hours a week which equates roughly to 9-10 hours outdoor training. I can get a session done whilst still helping with homework, catching up with the kids etc.

CXRAndy

Guru
14 plus hours a week, every week, zwifting without getting bored!

Guess it's all in the head.

:notworthy::okay:

Deanmcmcr

Can anyone recommend an app to use to track distance on he trainer? (Have a standard interchange speed and cadence sensor on the bike)

Not wanting to have zwift and the whole screen/riding experience. I simply want to be able to track distance

Thanks!!

gmw492

Veteran
I had the Tacx Flux and after 3 weeks I had the common belt issue squealing on it, I researched it after I heard the noise and a lot get returned, I purchased it as it was cheap in the sales and didn't know if I would like indoor smart training, I love the smart indoor training so I used my refund and put it towards the dearer Tacx Neo which is way better than the Flux, this has no issues yet so fingers crossed, its like a Rolls Royce compared to the Flux, silent and easier to store away, wish I had took the plunge first on this but thankfully I got my refund so I didn't lose out.:okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Indoor training has been a revelation to me. I have always hated gym related exercise. But as a busy, single dad in a full time job, my smart trainer has been amazing. I do mid volume plans of about 4.5 hours a week which equates roughly to 9-10 hours outdoor training. I can get a session done whilst still helping with homework, catching up with the kids etc.

So (cough) you (breath) (cough) you want help with (breath) (cough) (breath) (cough) (cough) (cough) (breath) (mouth opens like gold fish no sounds come out) @Heltor Chasca flops onto the floor like a fish out of water... shall we do your homework later...

Milzy

Guru
The new generation prefers Zwift to actually going outside.
I love all the different software choices & how much efficient training I can pack in at a fraction of the time.

Top Bottom