Tacx login

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Soo

It seems Garmin have merged the Tacx user id and and the Connect user id, so you have one id and password to log in to both connect and tacx cloud and tacx desktop app.

That's not altogether a bad idea.

Unfortunately what they have also done is broken everything so it is now impossible to log in to either cloud.tacx.com or the Tacx desktop app. Which is a less good idea.

Anyone else got this?

Edit hmmm. Clearly I'm not alone. But it's a bit more than a performance problem. Hope it's not Garmins ransomware issues again.
1608041352632.png

Last edited:
Yup. Problems here as well. Almost impossible to use at present.

Desktop app won't connect. Webpage won't connect. Little wheels just keep on spinning.

I am connected on my tablet but that's because it never logs out, and I ain't going to mess with it and risk losing that as well.

How come all these big tech companies, and I mean ALL of them always mess up when upgrading there product?

I tried to use the contact us feature to see if the problem was at my end or theirs. They refused to talk to me unless I provided the serial number.....for the desktop app!!!!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I did not have my accounts sync'ed as I don't think I have used Tacx cloud for at least a year. However, I was able to sign in and connect the accounts and then sign in again and it all works.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I take it all back. Whilst I can sign into cloud.tacx on a web browser and Tacx Training on my iPad. I cannot sign into the old Tacx Cycling App on my iPad (the one that has my purchased films) or the Tacx Desktop app on my PC. So the two things I would actually use old Cycling App and Windows 10 Desktop app don't work. Remind me why I switched to Zwift years ago.

The desktop app now seems to be working OK. The old desktop web page link is still FUBAR.
Tablet still seems to be unaffected, but I'm not going to tempt provedence and try and follow a route. Not until their ETA has passed!

Not for me

I'm still getting "Could not log in. Please try again later"
I kept getting a message saying that I couldn't log in because I was already logged in. Just kept trying and it accepted me. Then the wheel started.

It's far from working as it should. No wonder they got hacked if this is how they run their operations.

Looks like there is yet another update available.
Updated my phone and logged in using Garmin details and was told I was already using those details. Was invited to log in again using Garmin details???
Worked second time around.
Desktop app seems OK.
Desktop cloud link isn't working - does anyone really trust the cloud?
Next step is to update tablet: after a cup of coffee to give me the courage to destroy everything.

Tablet updated and it went thorugh seamlessly.
If I just use the desktop app indoors and the tablet on the trainer then, at present, everything is more or less fine. At present.
I'll just forget the cloud, which I don't trust anyway. I think that's now obsolete as it was puely Tacx, and all the apps seem to be Garmin.

I "think" that the old Tacx software is being made obsolete and the only way into your account will now be via Garmin apps/website/cloud. I suppose that is called progress.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The only app from Tacx I would want to use is the ‘Tacx Cycling App’ as it has my paid for films, I don’t want the ‘Training’ app which uses a monthly subscription. Guess which one does not work and will not be updated. :cursing:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks for the link, none of the suggestions cover my issue though. I will give it a few days to see if they fix it and then if that fails drop them a ticket. I am pretty sure that they won’t be interested as they say they don’t support the app anymore. To be honest, I don’t use it much at all, I use Zwift.

Top Bottom