TACX smart trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

afl2

Über Member
Hi all
Just got a smart trainer t2240 and trying to get my head around the tacx software.
Using Bluetooth at present until I can get an ant+.
I have downloaded the apps for android and connected to the trainer.
Calibration via tacx silly question but does axle have to be central on the screen? as having tried to retighten I am concerned of doing any damage. Also when I put the bike on the trainer it looks like the wheel is too much on one side but when I adjust the wheel clamps it seems to be no improvement. Have I missed something?? (Probably patience)
Other than that where should I start with choices of providers available.
Thanks for your time

OP
OP
afl2

afl2

Über Member
Just read the how to bkool info in the forum. Very good and informative for newbies.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I gave up on the tacx calibration and software . Now use zwift .

How do you calibrate in Zwift? I use Tavx to calibrate, but have no idea if that calibration goes to other apps. I calibrate based off feel/power by adjusting the roller to try and get it close to a Wattbike that I also use, otherwise it over reads.

uclown2002

Guru
You can't calibrate in zwift.
You should calibrate with a warm tyre as it becomes more pliable as it heats up, reducing the contact between tyre and roller.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If it's the vortex look here;
http://zwiftblog.com/vortex/

OK, as I thought you do still need to use the Tacx App for calibration. I have been doing it right all along.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ahhhh i see , it never worked with my old phone but just calibrated the new stuff . I notice on my garmin 1000 that i can set the resistance on the trainer . Do i need to adjust that or will zwift control everything once the trainer is calibrated ?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
ahhhh i see , it never worked with my old phone but just calibrated the new stuff . I notice on my garmin 1000 that i can set the resistance on the trainer . Do i need to adjust that or will zwift control everything once the trainer is calibrated ?
Zwift takes full control of the trainer, garmin not needed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You leave the Garmin in the house. It uses your sensors, so make sure you take the HR strap too. I calibrated mine first time, then used Zwift only.

You'll be getting the partner app and a extendible tablet/phone support to control the programme... I still prefer to get out. I went out tonight and got completely covered in filth on the MTB, but the weather was good. I'm not riding road again after my broken spine (driver caused) so it's Zwift or getting muddy.

Top Bottom