Take Fnaar for a ride 15/4/17 from Crystal Palace or nearby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi all
I'm down in London with my roadie and find myself free this Saturday.
I fancy a 50-60 mile circular route (with cake) and wonder if anyone local who knows a good route would care to ride with me and show me the way! I don't wanna spend half my time looking at maps etc, just need a sociable cycle,maybe 14-15 mph or so.

Short notice, but any takers?
I'm staying in Beckenham. I like hills. I'm a thoroughly decent chap.

StuartG

slower but further
Check out our recent rides into Surrey, Sussex & Kent. Most have a downloadable GPX and a profile of the hills.
The Sundays are usually circular around 50/60 miles and include a cafe and a pub stop. The weekdays 30-40 miles with just a cafe stop. Sorry, we don't do Saturdays and this Sunday we are having an awayday to Bosham (65 miles) return by train.

That's from South Croydon. That's a 6.5 mile ride from Sydenham where I live. I mile down the hill from Crystal Palace.
https://anerleybc.org

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
How about this

From Beckenham it's about 60 miles. It has hills! Cudham lane (20%) Toys Hill (from both sides) Kidd's Hill (aka The Wall) Hogtrough Hill, all names regularly bandied around in cycling circles.
For cake you could substitute Ide Hill for Toys Hill in one of the directions. Only slightly smaller hill and has a nice cafe frequented by local cyclists.

Not available to accompany you tho, and anyway you'd be too fast for me!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A few of us are heading to Whitstable from Bromley. However it would mean a 130 mile round trip for you and a very early start.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Harse! I'm in London tomorrow but norf of the river being the dutiful son-in-law. Mrs Dr B doesn't believe in sarf of the river anyway.

Have a good one!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for the suggestions folks :okay:
@ianrauk if I was feeling a little filter I'd be there, but not quite fit enough at the moment.
As what Pale Rider said. Get train back from Whitstable back to Bromley. That way you will have your 65 mile ride.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As what Pale Rider said. Get train back from Whitstable back to Bromley. That way you will have your 65 mile ride.

Doubt he will get a better offer - a led ride of the right length in excellent company.

Wish I could do it.

There might be some train getting anxiety, it's a bit of a faff getting a bike on a train in the north east.

For all Southern's faults, there was no bother getting the bike on when I did so at Brighton.

Ian had told me that would be the case, but I was still a touch anxious as I wheeled the bike onto the platform.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks all for your kind suggestions and offers. I'm not gonna make the Whitstable ride, but will be down frequently, and I'm hopeful for 7th May classic vehicle ride mentioned in another thread.
Thanks again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks all for your kind suggestions and offers. I'm not gonna make the Whitstable ride, but will be down frequently, and I'm hopeful for 7th May classic vehicle ride mentioned in another thread.
Thanks again.

Make sure you give us a bit more notice next time you are down so we can sort out something for you.

Top Bottom