Take note British train users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There was the driver who killed himself, because of the shame of being 90 seconds late, on a 300+ mile trip.

Do we though? When was there last a train crash, as in train hitting another train or derailing with significant loss of life?
August apparently - although nobody was hurt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rail_accidents_in_the_United_Kingdom

Although with a slightly different parsing of the question (OR/AND/NOR/NAND would be so much more helpful than commas and conjuntions sometimes) would mean going back a while - most of the accidents in recent years seem to be in stations/on crossings and not that many fatalities, although even the incidents with a single death are pretty singnificant to that person, I reckon. It looks like you have to go back to Potters Bar in 2002 to find a crash that caused multiple fatalities AND specifically involved (multiple trains OR derailment).

When the ECML service was briefly re-nationalised (because it was a bit of a wreck) rather than run for profit their performance measures (trains on time etc) improved dramatically. Staff at the station, as well as being more bike-friendly that before and since, seemed a lot more cheerful too - and I think I read that it even turned a profit for us all. Shame it got handed over to the beardy one once it was back to functioning properly really.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
In my experience the Deutche Bundesbahn ie pretty good too.

k_green

I reckon trains should run on an approximate timetable... no more 'departs at 4:57pm' ...just 'departs at five o'clockish'
Yeah, I was thinking 15 minute estimates, that's all my trains ever manage. This is the 1815-1830 train to.. why do we bother with 1807 etc?!

Top Bottom