Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What another cracking mornings commute today. Very little traffic. Warm, sunny and no wind. And the lights on the A21 all seemed to like me this morning, waving me through with their nice green lights.

It really is a joy commuting when the weather is lovely.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
What another cracking mornings commute today. Very little traffic. Warm, sunny and no wind. And the lights on the A21 all seemed to like me this morning, waving me through with their nice green lights.

It really is a joy commuting when the weather is lovely.
Boo hiss. I've got two weeks of getting a bus to court :sad:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
This weather brings out all the numpties. So many cyclists out today but far too many of them just blasting through the red lights as pedestrians are crossing.

dude in running shorts, singlet and hybrid pulls out onto road, I don't see him look back up the road once, but still he pulls into the bus lane I'm piling down. So as I pass I ask him if he actually looked. No answer but he asks what I said a bit further down at the lights - I repeat myself and he says "I looked, I was pulling out onto a road, that would be dumb to pull out, plus I saw you, isn't the road big enough for you?" well, not when you wobble out across the lane and I have to pull out of the empty bus lane into the one full of cars to get round you, no.

Then there was the prisoner transport van with the driver texting just past Wandsworth nick...

Other than that - bloody glorious, some very fast folk out there.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Glorious sunshine made for a lovely ride in, shame about the eejit who forgot to check her mirrors and nearly SMIDSY'd me - she did hear my fist on her rear window though.

Nice.. hope it made her jump out of her silly skin

ohnovino

Large Member
Saw five young lads on road bikes riding in a mini-peloton, then went past my LBS and they've got a huge Union Flag flying out front. Looks like the Wiggo effect is in full force; let's hope it lasts!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Today I took it nice and easy in the lovely sunshine. Added a couple of extra miles by cycling along the river in the Waterlink Way. Makes a very nice change from the out and out commuter blasting down the A21.
Lovely commute indeed.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
^ this.
I've decided that it's worth the extra 10 minutes to go through a couple of parks and a bridlepath.

My average speed today? 10mph!

Top Bottom