Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

I turned into a side road this morning, and a Dad and his kids in a nice Audi saloon, queuing in the opposite direction, were ogling my bike with enormous excitement and smiles... must be another cyclist !

I oggle bikes more than women now???

al78

Guru
Be comforted that he is the utter dick.(I agree).:thumbsup:

I have more respect for cyclists who follow the rules of the road.Sad to see the decline in road behaviour over the last few years though among cyclists.

The general public are not as clever as they thing they are.I work on the railways and see it all.Sorry if my opinion offends anyone.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.64.2655&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Edwards80

Über Member
Cycled in with the Mrs via her workplace this morn. She had baked 2 Cake loaves for her colleagues and we had attached them to her pannier rack in tuppaware.

She could have pedalled at 200mph and I would have kept up to keep those cakes within reach. Alas, I probably won't be getting any of the cake :cry:

Lovely quiet roads at 6am at least :smile:

MisterStan

Label Required
Decided to chuck in a loop of an extra couple of miles as i got to work earlier than usual (cycled faster!), had an almighty shock when some twunt in a BMW decided to do an extremely close pass at very high speed, gave him a shout and the w@nker sign which is a little out of character for me - he could easily have moved to the other lane as visibilty was very good.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Decided to chuck in a loop of an extra couple of miles as i got to work earlier than usual (cycled faster!), had an almighty shock when some twunt in a BMW decided to do an extremely close pass at very high speed, gave him a shout and the w@nker sign which is a little out of character for me - he could easily have moved to the other lane as visibilty was very good.

....and that shocked you?

subaqua

What’s the point
To the roadie on the A21 this morning. I don't care if you jump all the red lights, that's your call. But to be doing it whilst wearing your Bigfoot Cycling Club jersey is very poor.

Dulwich Paragon riders seem to do this a lot too. is it a club thing ??

subaqua

What’s the point
Like what I mentioned on another thread earlier,a motorist friend passed a cyclist too close and was surprised when he got the two fingers.

I had a particulary bad overtake at that $h1thol3 Stratford yesterday and had a go at the driver,appalling close pass which had me cycling into the pavement as I heard him storm up behind me.I was livid.

I thought Stratford was bad but I was at Ilford last night and it is no better,probably worse.
that new games and permit lane on the Gyratory from the station to Angel Lane bridge is going to cause a fatal.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
that new games and permit lane on the Gyratory from the station to Angel Lane bridge is going to cause a fatal.

Bit like Stratford the other day,the driving there is shocking.I have a vid of a particular close pass near the Bow flyover which is making me think of investing in a better quality camera.

subaqua

What’s the point
Be comforted that he is the utter dick.(I agree).:thumbsup:

I have more respect for cyclists who follow the rules of the road.Sad to see the decline in road behaviour over the last few years though among cyclists.

The general public are not as clever as they thing they are.I work on the railways and see it all.Sorry if my opinion offends anyone.
unconscious incompetence . stupid and they don't know it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I oggle bikes more than women now???
:ohmy:

Anyway, caught someone up on the cycle path. However, there were two things which allowed me to catch him up, the first was he was freewheeling for a bit whilst fiddling with something (I'm guessing an Ipod) the second was almost coming to a halt whilst a lady sorted her dog out, other than that he was pretty much doing exactly the same pace as me. The problem then was that when he looked behind and saw me when we reached a gate I think he assumed I'd caught him up because I was faster, so he stood to one side to let me through;
OH NO!!!
I then felt obliged to bust a gut until he was almost out of sight to try to justify something which I'd never earned in the first place :sweat: So thanks Mr Focus rider!

Was a quick commute mind

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn.. I so thought that I would get away with a dry commute home this evening. HA! Last 2 miles of the 14 I was hit by rain that was coming from the side..sideways rain.. weird. Bloody wind... oh yeah! The bloody wind, where did that come from today?

C'mon weather Gods.. give it up for a wee while will ya?

Top Bottom