Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Thought id give part of a 10 mile TT road course round by me a go so doubled the commute and the elevation too! All while keeping above 16 mph average.

Go me!!!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Sandra6

Veteran
You stopped and shook the driver's hand:laugh: LEGEND :bravo:
Exactly what I was thinking!
My ride home yesterday was amazingly event free. No traffic, no stopping at turns or roundabouts, and good company with a workmate. And the sun shone!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another nice pootle through the parks this morning. This lovely weather makes cycle commuting such joy. Dark mid winter commutes seem so far away at the moment..it was one of those cycling days when your legs are spinning, you travel along at a decent speed and it dosn't seem to be hard work.

Though did notice I have an out of true front wheel.. so will have to get that to the lbs this weekend to get done.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yesterday was great, apart from this numpty who wanted to turn me into a hood ornament.

Today was glorious.

doug

Veteran
I nearly t-boned another cyclist this morning...
He was ahead and I was catching up, just before I caught him, he mounted the pavement on the left then did a sharp right off the pavement and onto a zebra crossing right in front of me !
Cue screeching of brakes and some frantic manoeuvring to avoid him.

Looked like he was aiming for a (pedestrian only) alleyway on the other side, since there was no traffic (other than me) why not just turn right into it ?

GrasB

Veteran
You stopped and shook the driver's hand:laugh: LEGEND :bravo:
And now think how the guy is going to remember that whole incident & how that one little action of BM will effect his attitude in the futre!
:cheers:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Got my first punishment pass this morning, big white box van driver trying to get up to speed to pass me before a line of parked cars, i throw out my arm before he gets there and moves out so i don't end up rear ending the first car.
naturally he's angry so decides to pass me with inches to spare, bloody wide road too.
i gave him the "salute" and carried on my merry way.
also, average calories burned on a cycle is calculated, but does anyone know by how much this is offset by the amount of bugs you swallow? seriously lately i've been swallowing tonnes. heh

Coming up to a parked car, I was coasting in primary. There was a female cyclist in jeans on a BSO pootling along in front of me. A van was hanging off her offside far too closely and obviously causing her some issues. She had no room to pull out round the car because of this idiot driver. Poor positioning on the approach to the obstacle by the cyclist and very poor driving by the WVM.

What got me though is why she didn't brake harder to avoid the stationary car and why she chose instead to turn into someones driveway and cycle into a bush.

I would have stopped to help but she seemed alright and I was laughing too much.

Drago

Legendary Member
Fairly uneventful today. Was overtaken by a roadie going through Salcey Forest who gave me a cheery "hello". As I neared Northampton the place was crawling with roadies. A few really fast boys, but mainly SAS riders wobbling along in all the shiny kit, but still clearly enjoying themselves.

In finding the converted MTB pretty good, although doubtless slower than a more road oriented bike. Woman has told me I should by a road bike. I'm tempted, but currently eyeing a 1991 Diamondback Axis that has me dribbling with desire, so we shall see.

Top Bottom