Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Warm and windy, took 35 minutes into the wind for the 6.5 miles home, it normally takes 25 minutes.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Bimbling along into the wind on the 505 cycleway this morning. As I crested the 'hill', big gust of wind and momentarily stopped, track standing, until the wind died down.

That's never happened before.....got to do it all again tommorrow. :surrender:

Exile

Another day of riding into the wind going to work, getting a gentle shove on the way home, and being drenched headed both ways. Stuck in that awkward situation where if I wear the waterproof jacket I overheat, but if I don't I get soaked and chilled to the bone. Catch 22. Tomorrow will be my last commute of the year, and looking at the forecast it stands to be an almost exact copy of today.

Lisat

Stopped at the shops on the way home and when I came out my bike had been nicked.
It was my old shopper that I have had for a number of years and I had been meaning to put it on gumtree but that option has been taken from me.
Really annoyed and sad:angry:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just rode home from work and it was freakishly warm. I set off for the 11 miles at 1.30am in just shorts and a light fleece and to be honest that was a bit too much. I almost stopped halfway to peel off the fleece but decided that would be a mad thing to do in the middle of the night towards the end of December. It was a complete contrast to the trip in to work earlier in the evening which was a full-on wet weather gear ride with water dripping from every point :rain:

Part way home I encountered a rather fluffy, healthy looking urban fox. It was just about to stroll out into the road when we saw each other. The fox just leaned back and stood cockily watching me ride by, not 5ft away. Otherwise the roads were almost deserted and there was a delicious tailwind nearly the whole way home :becool:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Stopped at the shops on the way home and when I came out my bike had been nicked.
It was my old shopper that I have had for a number of years and I had been meaning to put it on gumtree but that option has been taken from me.

Gits. Really sorry to hear that :sad:

Howling headwind again, but luckily it's forecast to swing round this afternoon so should be able to enjoy it all over again on the way home!

andyfraser

Über Member
There were a lot of impatient people and a lot of close passes this morning. One guy overtook very close coming off of a roundabout and got the finger. I wish there was a way to get a message to these guys that they're endangering someone's life, especially when it's this close to Christmas and there's already been so much tragedy this week.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Great ride in this morning, mild, blustery with dry roads. Got to the west turn 10 miles in then into the sharp wind all the way. Didn't mind though, up a gear and span into it giving the legs a good turn. Averaged just under 20 mph too so happy days!

Heart in mouth moment - saw an oncoming bus stopped right before the tram stop up ahead. That's not where they stop so either breakdown or accident, then saw yellow laid on the floor. Perspective from distance looked like a cyclist under the bus, but he got up as I approached. Come off on the tram tracks, bike and rider seemed to be unhurt.

Ganymede

Veteran
That's awful. Really sorry to hear it.

Top Bottom