Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LoftusRoadie

The ride in this lunchtime felt awesome for some reason. I'm putting this down to the day off from bike commuting I gave myself yesterday. Can one day off revitalise to such a degree?
Well I took the train home last night instead of biking it, but this morning I rode in and I was 4 mins faster than I had ever done previously. Very happy with that. First time I've managed over 14 mph average. So, yes, perhaps a little rest does help.
One idiot as I got towards the the railway crossing at Cheshunt. I was riding straight on - a car came quite quickly from a side road and stopped just at the white line. I moved slightly away from the kerb just in anticipation of her not seeing me (but still not even in a primary position) and this idiot coming from the opposite direct from me wanted to turn right and moved his car about a meter onto my side of the road. As I let out a shout of warning at him, he stopped and just laughed at me. Buffoon!

potsy

Rambler
Good to hear you're back on the (new) bike, Potsy! I was worried you were going to get a Segway for the commute...

Cool but not as cold as I thought this morning. In fact, it was glorious - sun shining all the way in. Bit of a cross/headwind, but not too strong. Legs didn't feel too heavy, so might add a couple of miles on tonight.

Then the issue is what's for tea: fish and chips, Chinese take-away or an Indian take away! Decisions, decisions!
You must leave later than me once it has warmed up a bit, either that or too many car commutes has turned me into a southern softie :whistle:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Used my Singlespeed for the first time in ages on today's commute - I do enjoy the simplicity of it 8-)

image.jpg

Any Bristolians recognise the bridge ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The one over Kings Weston lane, where you have to decide what is the safest position to ride in the road! By the edge you get stupid overtakes, too primary you end up facing the silly overtakes!! I hate that stretch especially up hill!

Had what I though was a quiet ride to work on a sunny morning. A co worker starts complaining about my bicycle commute, I instantly tell him I am not even going to waste my time having a discussion with him. He claims I caused a 5 car tail back this morning. Again I dont even discuss it with him but got back to check the video. He is in the truck that I wave at.

View: https://youtu.be/KUuTRnLc3U0

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Couldn't get warm this morning so convinced myself if I keep riding at some point I will do. Well, I never so at almost 40 miles I thought I'd better start work. Lovely return leg this evening, hard going in many places but a great first day of the month at 90 miles+.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had what I though was a quiet ride to work on a sunny morning. A co worker starts complaining about my bicycle commute, I instantly tell him I am not even going to waste my time having a discussion with him. He claims I caused a 5 car tail back this morning. Again I dont even discuss it with him but got back to check the video. He is in the truck that I wave at.

View: https://youtu.be/KUuTRnLc3U0

I counted 3 cars over the whole video. God that road is featureless.. ? How do you cope ?

Spartak