Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Snowing @ 5:15 here in Cambridge, then stopped and temperature dropped another degree of so to -3.6, with a brisk Westerly, going the long way in was more a labour of love this morning ;-)

dhd.evans

Veteran
Managed to get the bike out the garage by shunting the door and sending my nimble 6 year old in to open the door from the inside - key was on the ground, success! So, nice pleasant ride in today only marred by vicious crosswinds.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I walked up the road pushing the bike. It was glistening but I decided to go for it. The main roads were OK, but turning off the main road again was a bad idea. Took it slow and steady. Strangely it didn't feel very cold.
Baltic up here in Penrith-lovely view towards the Pennines from Booths café though. I'll be riding very carefully tonight for sure !

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
There's a very skanky looking Lexus I see at a particular point on my commute quite regularly, he usually tries to provoke a rear wheel skid & drift his car around a particular junction. I don't think "drifting" is safe on public roads really. With this frosty weather I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else when he falls off the road.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I went to Cotswold Outdoor in Cambridge at lunch time to replace my gloves that somebody rehomed. Toasty fingers on the way home!

Has anyone noticed that

IMG_2283.JPG

dhd.evans

Veteran
Meeting in Glasgow today so early ride (0550hrs when I left the house!) to make sure I made my train. Roads were like the opening scene from 28 Days Later but it was farking cold...

Ciar

Veteran
Bloody awful going home
Howling head wind for 15 miles

Instead of sports personality if the year there should be commuter of the year[/QUOTE

That's exactly how i felt last night, bloody horrible commute home, wind and rain and the sidewinds jesus!

whereas today's ride was just lovely, headwind but not too painful, rain but not overly heavy and cold but not that bad.. all in all the winter booties are on and it's all good :smile:

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Set off at 5 this morning the first 5 minutes was walking the bike until I hit the main roads! My street is on the top of a hill and never gets gritted so I didn't fancy sliding my way down to the bottom! Fine once I got onto the A19 not much wind and not as cold as I expected, the winter gloves are staying on now though

Sixmile

Veteran
We must have a few degrees on most of you. The last few days have been pretty mild, certainly only one day this week with any sort of frost on the deck.

Another pleasant ride in to work. Sure, I milked the flexi time but those advent calendar doors don't open themselves (well the kids can't open them anyways!)

Top Bottom