Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Must admit i have got my old Marin mtb out at the mo due to the frost and ice , this mornings commute was ok as long as i didnt try and make any sharp turns and not to pedal too hard up the hills other wise i had wheel spin / slip

Well a hideous week
But well done all who kept going

I am now off to the pub with the missus and the weather can go whistle!

I will have a pint for us all !!!
Tbh thought the weather this week was fine. Just wore an extra layer, Much prefer cold and dry to wet and windy winter weather.

Obviously if your commute involved lots of ungritted roads then it might not have been as fun!

And this is coming from from someone who was basking in 26c temperatures in the Canary Islands just last week!

Andrewwright

Started wearing my LG thermal bibs this week, bit more involved getting changed than my running slacks, but the knees worked better for being warm. Don’t mind the dry frost, just be more careful, but warm wind and rain you can keep

Slick

Guru
Started wearing my LG thermal bibs this week, bit more involved getting changed than my running slacks, but the knees worked better for being warm. Don’t mind the dry frost, just be more careful, but warm wind and rain you can keep
Warm wind and rain, what is this sorcery you speak of.:eek:

Randombiker9

Close call with a bus. Just want your opinions was it the bus drivers fault or both?
So on the way back it was dark. (i had my lights on, hi-viz/reflective jacket and reflectors on my bike) I was heading back from town. The bus was in it's stop (the traffic lights was red so i decided to go to front of traffic lights and as i was filtering pass the bus and then as traffic light turned amber the bus just randomly pulled out whilst i was filtering (and i didn't see it indicate). So to avoid hitting that bus i like kinda got forced into to the other lane but luckily there was no traffic in the other lane at the time.
ps anyone else had a similar thing happen with there local buses? Also what's your opinion on above?

si_c

Guru
Close call with a bus. Just want your opinions was it the bus drivers fault or both?
So on the way back it was dark. (i had my lights on, hi-viz/reflective jacket and reflectors on my bike) I was heading back from town. The bus was in it's stop (the traffic lights was red so i decided to go to front of traffic lights and as i was filtering pass the bus and then as traffic light turned amber the bus just randomly pulled out whilst i was filtering (and i didn't see it indicate). So to avoid hitting that bus i like kinda got forced into to the other lane but luckily there was no traffic in the other lane at the time.
ps anyone else had a similar thing happen with there local buses? Also what's your opinion on above?
Sounds like the bus driver didn't check his mirrors. Worth reporting to the bus company.

Randombiker9

Sounds like the bus driver didn't check his mirrors. Worth reporting to the bus company.

Edit i've only once before had a problem with a bus and the weird thing is both buses were the same colour and double deckers just different numbers :tongue:. Weird coquincedence

Last edited:
Top Bottom