Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
At least you weren't miles from home it's a good as time as any to get one I suppose! I don't want to jinx myself but so far no punctures! I've said it now haven't I!

dhd.evans

Veteran
upload_2017-12-7_9-2-12.png

'Fresh Breeze' my arse. I was battling the headwind with an average speed of 13.4mph into work on my singlespeed. Average on the geared roadie is 18mph, average on a normal day singlespeed is 16mph.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lucky with the weather this morning. Weather apps said light to heavy rain. It was drizzling when I got up but settled back to a fine mizzle and stayed that way for the whole commute. Helped by a tasty headwind. Of which will cause me a world of pain on the return journey.

straas

Matt
Fortunately, no. But I seem to hit every one right on the edge during the dark, rainy evening commutes. Why are there so many uneven, slippery metal things in the cycle lane :-(

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fortunately, no. But I seem to hit every one right on the edge during the dark, rainy evening commutes. Why are there so many uneven, slippery metal things in the cycle lane :-(

Yeah, I also have a set on my commute, just after a quite fast corner so I do have to be aware and careful.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Lucky with the weather this morning. Weather apps said light to heavy rain. It was drizzling when I got up but settled back to a fine mizzle and stayed that way for the whole commute. Helped by a tasty headwind. Of which will cause me a world of pain on the return journey.
Hmm. Is a "shizzle" a shower becoming a drizzle.

Ciar

Veteran
An interesting commute to say the last, very windy but avoided the rain. then had an off in the cycle lane along stratford broadway.

a rider in front was constantly moving left to right back to left and then sitting centre, i waited until he was sitting on the left and went to move past, only for him to move right! at which time i heard him have a fright lose control and hit me. as some will know you have those lovely raised kerbs running along the side of cycle lanes, over i went into the main road with an arctic heading towards me :smile:

all was well though i was up and out of the road toot sweet checking on the other rider, who seemed fine and i even fixed his bike, discovered he had only been cycling for four weeks and wanted to turn right at the lights which was a fair distance away, all in all came out of it with a torn leg warmer two scratches knees and a lump on me elbow..... i am generally cautious but in future having experienced those poxy kerbs i shall be double cautious ;-)

straas

Matt
Public Transport this morning :-( Christmas do at work later and didn't want to leave my bike at work over the weekend.

It was quick though! Door to door in less than 30 mins.

Top Bottom