Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
10 % chance of rain.........it pissed down!

I am no meteorologist but I am sure this country is getting soggier by the year

This is the worst January for rain then I can ever remember for rain on my cycle commute. It's just so Meh.

Sorry to say Kev, I managed to dodge the rain all the way to work on both parts of my commute. Enjoying a nice tailwind to help me along the way.
Fingers cross, in fact everything crossed for a dry commute home too.

Tomorrow is look decidedly dreadful.

This is the worst January for rain then I can ever remember for rain on my cycle commute. It's just so Meh.

Sorry to say Kev, I managed to dodge the rain all the way to work on both parts of my commute. Enjoying a nice tailwind to help me along the way.
Fingers cross, in fact everything crossed for a dry commute home too.

Tomorrow is look decidedly dreadful.

Yep!

I think today is just the starter before the main course tomorrow!!!

Sixmile

Veteran
I'd to pack a bag with 5-a-side gear for lunchtime, pack a change of clothes for going to a mates after work, parcel up MTB shoes and take them to the post office and bring along the rest of the gear I needed to cycle on to work. Stuck the bike onto the roof of the car, posted the parcel, drove to where I was to start the commute in and realised I had inadvertently became a member of the 'no helmet' club. Forgetting the helmet meant a slight issue of lack of 2nd rear light but more importantly, my glasses were on my helmet and it was wet! My eyes paid the price this morning for only having a crud guard on the front. Still, took a different more off road/greenway route in because of the no helmet thing and really enjoyed the change of scenery.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Tomorrows forecast better be exactly correct

xpKQv4e.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
BBC said I was in for a soaking this morning so planned on the train. Woke up early with the wind gusts howling. Snap decision; no rain = no train.
Three miles of open countryside with the wind hitting me from 2 o-clock was challenging, particularly in the gusts, then several miles of the wind behind me :dance: . Wind shear around buildings was a bugger in the city, so I pity those who have to cope with longer journeys through cities.
Way too warm. Should have worn shorts not leggings

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Tomorrows forecast better be exactly correct

View attachment 392831

So far so good...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Usual fixed commuter is out of action due to own botched 'maintenance' so rode geared bike. Got to work 20 minutes early.

Getting to like this gears shoot, I was at work at 7:35 today. I can stay in bed longer in future.

Miss the 'not needing the brakes very often' aspect though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For the second part of this mornings cycle commute. It started raining quite heavy whilst trainwankering. However it abated by the time my train pulled into the station. There was drizzle in the air but not enough to get me too wet. I will still record it as 'Rain' ride though.
Once again, I was blessed with a lovely tail wind that pushed me to work at a hurried pace. Cruising at 20mph without even trying. It's going to make for a tough commute back to the station this evening though.

Top Bottom