Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Punishment pass last night on the way home. Local narrow 30 mph road, with cars parked on the opposite side, so took the lane. Car behind took exception, as twice he noisily accelerated and braked hard just behind me. I moved over when the road was clear and got a second gear thrash about a foot from my side. Don't have a bike camera, but the idiot's estate car was covered in his employer's advertising. Reported it to them, but expect it will find its way into the round filing cabinet.

Surprisingly chilly this morning considering there was no frost about Had to maintain a decent pace just to keep the warmth levels up. Hope I'm not coming down with a bug.

After so many days of riding with the wind in my face at some stage, this morning in particular felt really strange riding in still air.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Surprisingly chilly this morning considering there was no frost about Had to maintain a decent pace just to keep the warmth levels up. Hope I'm not coming down with a bug.

It was mighty chilly this morning. The temps were hovering just above 0° this morning when I left home at 7.15am.

At least.. the roads are nice and dry.

si_c

Guru
As I left it had just started snowing - not sticking though. Took it easy riding in though as the big ring needs replacing so I can't put too much torque on it. Made for a totally different ride in, nice and pleasant.

Sixmile

Veteran
After clearing quite a bit of snow off of my car, I was starting to wonder if riding this morning was a good idea. Since I'm heading to a friends house after work tonight, I drove to his place and left my car there, with all my stuff for later. Got the bike out and bar a little bit of frost, the cycle paths were clear. So many people drive from his area into Belfast, sitting in queues maybe 1/2 or a mile long in places when there is a flat 8 mile cycleway all the way into town. As I was riding I was thinking that it's a total no brainer to cycle from there and about what a sight it'd be if those hundreds of cars that I passed instead were all bikes, heading into Belfast on a crisp winter morning. Back down to earth though, this morning I didn't see one other cyclist.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A short ride to work some of it along a main road.

One cockwomble who didn't make any attempt whatsoever to steer a course around me but passed me very close, has been reported to the police via their dashcam upload facility. I expect them to send still images & words of advice in the post, and I expect that to have a positive impact.

Bazzer

It was mighty chilly this morning. The temps were hovering just above 0° this morning when I left home at 7.15am.

At least.. the roads are nice and dry.

I know you are a couple of hundred miles away, but it gives me hope that I was just being nesh. ^_^

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
As I left it had just started snowing - not sticking though. Took it easy riding in though as the big ring needs replacing so I can't put too much torque on it.

I have that problem too. After commuting all year the big ring and the smallest sprocket are completely worn out and all my other gears are as good as new.

Bazzer

Snowing for much of the journey home yesterday although it wasn't sticking to the roads.
Hard frost at home this morning and frosty cars even on the edge of the city. Not a single road had been treated, even though ice and frozen puddles could be seen up to the edge of the city; with some of the puddles from yesterday's snow becoming big slushies.

Much to my surprise I was contacted yesterday by the firm whose driver gave me a punishment pass on Monday, to ask for more information.

Top Bottom