Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Damp commute in this morning , the lunch time run back & forwards was dry and this evenings one looks to be a dry one as well .

Might go the slightly longer way just to get some more test miles in :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Well it seems either I got it completely wrong when feeling for damp this morning on my base layer, or it was touching some of my wet clothes during the day, because as I discovered this evening, when i came to put it on it was pretty damp. Luckily the other clothes had dried off, but still unpleasant.
I would like to give the wind a :bravo::bravo:. Having cycled into it for a good chunk of the journey into work, it then decided to do a complete switch for the journey home and increase in strength.
You bastard!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Got a soaking this morning. Will likely get another tomorrow.

90IqA7O.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The manager at Felixstowe ATS Euromaster has cost his company about £400 worth of business in April or May when I need new car tyres by not bothering to check whether it was safe to enter a roundabout - it wasn't as I was already there and both of us had to hit the brakes hard. There was an apology but I recognised him from having had work done at his depot in the past and will not be going there again.

Other than that, it seems like I got off lightly weather wise compared with most of the rest of you - it started drizzling when I was only a couple of miles from work this morning and only got heavy once I was settled in with a mug of coffee, while on the way home the rain began just where I have the option of adding in a 3 mile loop - so I didn't.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow, that was a nasty commute this morning.
I woke up to dry weather. By the time I had left it had started to rain, and the rain got heavier. It was also so very cold.
By the time I had got to Bromley for the second part of the cycle commute, the rain was much heavier.
As my commute now Cycle/Train/Cycle, because I was wet through on the train, for the second part my body was struggling to warm up though already wet clothing. Luckily I remember to bring along a spare pair of gloves so at least my hands were warmer.

So, wet commute number 22 for the year (6 for the same period last year)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Missed the morning's rain.^_^

Plus, many schools have broken up for Easter, so roads were less chaotic.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well yesterday mornings ride home was drowned rat territory, and this morning continues the theme, though this time drowned cat. The difference being the number of numpties. I ran out of fingers this morning to count them all. And it was cold. On the plus side, my gloves didn't fill with water because I had the sense to put the jacket cuffs over the gloves this time:rolleyes:

John_S

Über Member
I missed Mondays' commute due to commitments have to take kids to swimming lessons in the car so unfortunately I completely missed Mondays' sunshine.

However despite the fact that it was chucking it down with rain yesterday I still enjoyed my first commute home with some daylight last night.

It'll be good to ride home with some light again tonight but it looks like I'll take another soaking because it's been raining pretty much solidly all day.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Hard work tonight into the wind. Felt it hit me even in the city centre. I had hoped it was wind shear, but it quickly became apparent it was not. Not gusting, which at least gives some respite, just unremitting. And once I hit open countryside, the lower cogs got plenty of workout as I struggled to maintain even a modest pace.

Top Bottom