Tales from today's commute....

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by martint235, 28 Jun 2012.

1. hennbell

hennbell Über Member

Only -3 today yet I parked the bicycle, I am getting weak.

So it is only -3 but the wind is over 40 kph, we have us a spring blizzard. Our "normal" staying snow is very dry, it will not stick together to make a snow ball. When the temperature warms up to -3 the snow is very wet and makes for a much harder ride.

si_c likes this.
  2. Leaway2

Leaway2 Guru

20180323_172218.jpg
    The red car wasn't quite blocking the cycle path so the black car had to pull up close

skudupnorth, John_S and dhd.evans like this.
  3. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Wet ride in again this morning, started as drizzle and progressed to rain as I neared work. Despite being 8 degrees C I felt cold and struggled to get warm even with a buff, hat and base layer.
    Nice ride home, got too hot though:laugh:
    Looks like wet again for tomorrows commute too:rain::rain:

dhd.evans likes this.
  4. Jenkins

Jenkins Veteran

Today's commute was the last day of 19 consecutive days of cycling - 13 round trip commutes, 1 trip to collect my car from its MOT, 1 shopping trip & 4 leisure rides.

Weekend off at Brands Hatch (Sat) and Silverstone (Sun) then back to normal on Monday - and it's a short week thanks to Easter:thumbsup:.

5. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

What a surprise, wet again:sad::rain::rain: Headwind to boot, and with nearly 200 miles done this week I really felt it. Maybe I should take a couple of days off..

John_S likes this.
  6. straas

straas Über Member

Got to love half terms!

7. palinurus

palinurus Guru

What a lovely spring day! looking forward to the ride home. I'm sure all the daffodils will be out.

8. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

Half term fairly lightens the traffic. Added to that, I left the house much later this morning and sailed in without any issue. Well, apart from struggling to get my gloves on. It was a little nippy so I took out my Polaris lined gloves and the lining was fine for 7 fingers and 1 thumb but for the other finger and thumb, I couldn't get them anywhere near comfortable or straight.

9. Ciar

Ciar Über Member

Nice ride up until a fairy decided to attack me! then i took an age to change inner tube as i run marathon + tyres which have not been off the bike since fitting, which has to be about 2.5k miles, they were a complete git to get back on. only to realise that i had replaced the tube, but not checked the tyre properly and slowly rode in on another flat!

10. Randombiker9

Randombiker9 Well-Known Member

Nothing happend whilst cycling but was in a area in town with a friend and these two guys on mountain
    bikes wearing hoodies nearly tried to get my friend with a knife but then we both looked at them they both sped off. So would you guys leave it or tell the police?
    I feel i should do something but i don't know if i should

11. MartinQ

MartinQ Über Member

Certainly tell the police.

12. Randombiker9

Randombiker9 Well-Known Member

I was thinking off that at the time but my friend didn't want to get police involved :/ and i feel i loose my friend as the police will probs have to ask me and my friend. Also what's the best way to tell 101 or Online form or just visit the police station tommorow and mention that way but i know i should tell them it's just my friend

13. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

What a miserable journey. Wind driven rain for and hour and ten minutes, on roads with many large and deep puddles. Everything bar my top base layer wet through. Currently decorating two radiators set at full heat, trying to get everything dry or at least to damp stage before the majority of work colleagues arrive.
    Didn't even have the pleasure of yesterday's weather as a suit and tie and train disruption meant a commute by car. :sad:

dhd.evans likes this.
  14. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

Today's ride very similar to this; described the 'weather' as "permeating dampness". Felt shivery and ming when i got into the office.

palinurus and si_c like this.
  15. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Cold and wet. Again.
    This time last year I was in short sleeves and shorts.

Rainy commute 21 of the year so far, only 6 the same time last year, 31 rainy commutes over all for 2017

dhd.evans likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice