Tales from today's commute....

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by martint235, 28 Jun 2012.

1. Hop3y

Hop3y Padiham Commuter

2. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

A short ride to work some of it along a main road.

One cockwomble who didn't make any attempt whatsoever to steer a course around me but passed me very close, has been reported to the police via their dashcam upload facility. I expect them to send still images & words of advice in the post, and I expect that to have a positive impact.

skudupnorth likes this.
  3. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

I know you are a couple of hundred miles away, but it gives me hope that I was just being nesh. ^_^

4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Nesh?

5. Bazzer

Sensitive to the cold.

6. palinurus

palinurus Guru

I have that problem too. After commuting all year the big ring and the smallest sprocket are completely worn out and all my other gears are as good as new.

7. si_c

si_c Über Member

Too much power :rofl:

8. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Took a cut through the park when I got close to home and it was still early twilight, birds were singing.

I like Skol likes this.
  9. Bazzer

Snowing for much of the journey home yesterday although it wasn't sticking to the roads.
    Hard frost at home this morning and frosty cars even on the edge of the city. Not a single road had been treated, even though ice and frozen puddles could be seen up to the edge of the city; with some of the puddles from yesterday's snow becoming big slushies.

Much to my surprise I was contacted yesterday by the firm whose driver gave me a punishment pass on Monday, to ask for more information.

mjr, Arjimlad and Maverick Goose like this.
  10. chriswoody

chriswoody Veteran

-5 on the thermometer this morning when I set out. Little lad was not complaining though as he cycled to Kindergarten with me.

Great to see some Sun at last though after two months of record breaking minimal sunshine hours.

Arjimlad, Leaway2 and skudupnorth like this.
  11. C R

C R Senior Member

-4 this morning, still decided as it is only ten minutes, and it didn't look like there was ice on the roads, I would cycle. By the time I got to work my fingers were about to fall off, I need better gloves.

12. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I had a balmy 0° this morning, but there was snow on the ground. I was going to only cycle to the closest station at only a mile away because of it but the roads weren't that bad considering so carried on to my usual station further along the line.
    At Bromley, no sign of snow and the roads were dry so a decent ride in. Bit of nice SCR with a chap who really didn't like being overtaken by a Brompton ^_^

mjr likes this.
  13. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

I know the feeling!:okay:

si_c likes this.
  14. Very odd,this year has been good so far.Happily they have calmed down :laugh:

Maverick Goose and cosmicbike like this.
  15. Stunning weather today, it was minus something but still got those legs out for the gridlockers :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice